We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Battery Hill Cruz Bay

Kennett, pa
Level Contributor
4 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Battery Hill Cruz Bay

Staying here in August at Palm Breezes with family-Hubby, sons 19 and 11 and dtr 16yrs. Has anyone stayed here lately, and how is the walk into town distance and any safety issues? We chose this location for the convenience factor thinking the older teens could get into town and even taxi to the beach if we split up a day... Hubby and I tend to be early risers, and the teens want to sleep in! This is our second trip to St. John and we can't wait. First trip was 6 years ago and I'm sure we will see some changes with all of the building, etc. Also thinking of doing the Limnos charter to BVI's which we did not do last time, and maybe a half day sail, or full day dingy rental Any other suggestions welcome! Thanks!

Boyds, Maryland
Level Contributor
77 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Battery Hill Cruz Bay

When my husband and I go to St. John alone (without kids) we stay at one of the Star Villas units right across the road from Battery Hill. We always walk to/from town at night, down the road that passes Gallows Point. Takes about 5-7 , minutes and not hilly. There is another road that is easy downhill (runs behind the Lime Inn and comes out right across from Woody's...) but that is better for walking to town rather than back to the condo (it is steep on the way back up). We have never felt unsafe doing this walk to and from town at night. The only drawback to Battery Hill is that any town noise comes right up the hill and into the condos. We used to notice this when we'd walk back to our Star Villas place - for example, a band would be playing at the Beach Bar, and we could clearly hear the music as we walked up the road. But as soon as we would go to our side of the road/hill, the noise would disappear. Pretty amazing what a difference a few dozen yards makes. But things might be pretty quiet in August so you may never notice. Renting a dinghy for a day, or even half a day, is A LOT of fun. We've rented from Noah's Little Arks and have always loved it.

Kennett, pa
Level Contributor
4 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Battery Hill Cruz Bay

Thanks so much for the response! Villa is completely air conditioned, so that should help with any noise at night. One other question- did you have laundry facilities at Star Villas and if not do you (or anyone else out there) have recommendations for doing laundry in Cruz Bay?

3. Re: Battery Hill Cruz Bay

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 9:21 am, September 05, 2009