We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Courtesy Car Rental .....

New Brunswick, New...
Level Contributor
19 posts
Courtesy Car Rental .....
Save

Has anyone rented with Courtesy Car Rental recently ..... particularly after the storms? If so , any feedback would be much appreciated regarding not only the conditions of the vehicle but also the services provided .... your response is much appreciated .

19 replies to this topic
Troy, Ohio
Level Contributor
267 posts
58 reviews
24 helpful votes
1. Re: Courtesy Car Rental .....
Save

We rented a 4-door Jeep from Courtesy last month. They met us at the ferry dock and drove us to their make-shift office (new office should be done by now by don’t know for sure). Vehicle was in perfect shape. We drove back to the office on departure day and they drove us to the ferry dock. No complaints whatsoever!

New Brunswick, New...
Level Contributor
19 posts
2. Re: Courtesy Car Rental .....
Save

awesome sounds great ....assuming their place was devastated in the hurricanes .... where was the office / lot by the Fire Department / Ball field ?

Las Vegas, Nevada
Level Contributor
106 posts
8 reviews
4 helpful votes
3. Re: Courtesy Car Rental .....
Save

We rented from them last May. They had 4 or so Jeeps in the lot and he told us to pick one out. Most jeeps will all have some scratches and sings on them. That’s just the nature of the St John Jeep. We were in a wreck that was not our fault while we were there. The service Greg provided during that experience was outstanding. He came to the accident scene at 8:00 pm on a Saturday night, helped us with the police, and helped us get back to the villa. We declined coverage on the Jeep and would be on the hook for the time the Jeep was out of service. We were very concerned about this. He had it back in service in 4 days ($260). We will rent from them every time we go. And I also recommend paying the $14/day LDW waiver.

Hillsborough, New...
Level Contributor
25 posts
4. Re: Courtesy Car Rental .....
Save

Glad to hear they sound like they care....have rented from conrad sutton at least a dozen + times....and although i have always had a good experience it always feels and appears he is doing you a favor by renting to you...have grown tired of it over the years and am thinking of trying someone new...courtesy sounds like a potential good choice from what i am hearing

United States
Level Contributor
595 posts
144 reviews
121 helpful votes
5. Re: Courtesy Car Rental .....
Save

Courtesy is great and Greg is always there when you need him. I have rented from them either 8 or 9 times since the storms and they are very reliable. I had to call Greg a couple of times to get a new spare (darn roofing screws) and he always picked up his phone on the first try. His rates are very reasonable and his Jeeps are in good shape. He picks you up at the ferry dock in their brand new oversized van. Just call from Red Hook and let him know which boat you will be on.

Level Contributor
1 post
68 reviews
35 helpful votes
6. Re: Courtesy Car Rental .....
Save

Courtesy car rental is the best. Greg and his staff of Paul and Josephine were attentive to our needs. Picked us up and took us to our ferry. When the tire pressure light came on, Greg quickly remedied the situation, and we were on our way. Jeep was clean and in good condition with new rear tires. All the staff super friendly, easy checkin and check out. I highly recommend them.

Level Contributor
16 posts
7. Re: Courtesy Car Rental .....
Save

Timothy,

Any idea if Courtesy rents by the day?

Scott

Hobbs, New Mexico
Level Contributor
328 posts
90 reviews
31 helpful votes
8. Re: Courtesy Car Rental .....
Save

Any car rental company will rent for the day (only on the day of) IF they have a car available. So yes, Courtesy does, but you cannot reserve ahead of time. You will have to go to them and ask on the day of. If they don't have one, move on to the next company. Most places won't have very much availability until late April though.

Level Contributor
16 posts
9. Re: Courtesy Car Rental .....
Save

Taylor,

Thank you so much for the response. That is what i thought, but wanted to make sure

Ct
Level Contributor
110 posts
1 review
2 helpful votes
10. Re: Courtesy Car Rental .....
Save

recent rental went very well..just bring proof of car insurance..do not rely on credit card coverage..Greg very accomodating

Reply to: Courtesy Car Rental .....
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted