We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Safari Truck

denver city, tx
Level Contributor
121 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
Safari Truck

Does anyone know of a car rental company that still rents the safari trucks? The ones with bench seats and a canopy on a small truck bed? We are going to have 6 teenagers

4 replies to this topic
Troy, Ohio
Level Contributor
65 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Safari Truck

Sunshine’s Jeep Rental does according to their website: sunshinesjeeprental.com/vehicles-rates.html

denver city, tx
Level Contributor
121 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Safari Truck

Thank you so much!

Colorado
Level Contributor
673 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Safari Truck

So funny story-

About 12 years ago when I built my first "mega" villa l needed a Safari to accommodate my guests. One night six of us were returning late at nite when 4 people (obviously had a few drinks) jumped out in front of me at Woody's as we were going home and jumped in the back before I could say we weren't a taxi.

They shouted "Westin!" I had plenty of room and it wasn't out of the way so I took them.

They got out and handed me $200. I tried to refuse but they insisted.

The next day I returned it to the rental company and told them the story. They were furious and demand $100!

I just laughed and handed him the keys. Won't tell you who it was but every time to this day when he's sitting on his front porch close to the old Fish Trap and sees me - he still yells my name and says "Where's my $100!"

Mentioned in this post
Fish Trap
Fish Trap
511 Reviews
St. John
Pa.
Level Contributor
5,550 posts
127 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Safari Truck

Haha, like Better Off Dead, “I want my two dollars!”