We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Red Hook dining

SD
Level Contributor
260 posts
8 reviews
Red Hook dining

Will be arriving in St Thomas Dec 9th. Staying at the Sapphire Beach Resort and plan on dining in Red Hook each evening

Have the following restaurants selected. Duffy's, Island Time Pub, Caribbean Saloon, Big Bambooze, Fish Tales, and Sapphire Grill.

Looking for some recommendations on things to order at each place.

Is there anything they are especially know for?

OR, drop this try here instead.

Thanks

21 replies to this topic
North Pole, New York
Level Contributor
5,930 posts
124 reviews
1. Re: Red Hook dining

We too spent a week at the SBR&M and enjoyed being that close to Red Hook.

For us Island Time has the very best pizza, and their meatball parm and nachos with the works are also excellent if you want that.

Big Bambooz is a fun spot for drinks, we didn't really care for the food there.

Duffy's was a spot to drink and we didn't spend much time there so can't really comment. Molly Malone's is a better spot I think.

We really liked Latitude 18 acros the bay more than any of the other places in RH. We haven't been there since the owners changed but I would check that out for the food and the evening music. Great spot to lime...

We liked the mahi at the Banana Cabana at the resort, and one of our favorite experiences was having a baguette sub on our balcony with cold meat and rolls from the Marina Market - superb!

Have fun!

Edited: 4:48 pm, November 28, 2012
Philadelphia...
Level Contributor
2,814 posts
36 reviews
2. Re: Red Hook dining

I LOVE Fish Tails. Their food has been excellent each time we've gone. Of course, they're big on fish.

Haven't been to Lattitude since it changed hands, but has a really nice view. Kind of rustic and hard to find,

We ate at the Caribbean Fish Market last time and it was really nice. More of a fancier restaurant, but if you want really good food, give it a try. I had ahi tuna and husband has the grilled lobster tails. We loved them both. Also, beautiful view.

Molly Mallone's is convenient and reliable with the food. Great breakfast. On top of Molly's is Amigos. Of course, Mexican and it always seems to be crowded.

Duffy's has good drinks, but don't let them trick you into buying their glasses. It can add up fast. Just tell them you want the drink in a regular cup. They have drinks like the funky monkey, but the funky monkey comes in an ceramic money glass you pay for it.

You have to try a painkiller. On STT, believe it or not, I thought the best ones we had were at the Red Hook ferry bar. Keep in mind, that they didn't let us take it on the ferry.

If I think of anymore, I will post.

Edited: 5:20 pm, November 28, 2012
Allentown...
Level Contributor
590 posts
86 reviews
3. Re: Red Hook dining

Fish Tails was hit or miss for us. One day we had a great breakfast there and then the next day, it was awful. We really enjoy breakfast at Molly Molone's and it was always consistent.

As stated above, Island Time Pub is the place for pizza.

We LOVED XO Bistro in the Red Hook Plaza. We ate there several times for lunch. Great sandwiches and wraps. Friends of ours had dinner there and enjoyed it.

Our best meal during our last visit was at The Cellar, next to Pesce and across from the Red Hook Plaza. It is a little pricey, but the food was fantastic as well as the service. Really enjoyed the beef wellington.

Boston...
Destination Expert
for St. Thomas, East End
Level Contributor
3,466 posts
22 reviews
4. Re: Red Hook dining

My recomedation would be to drop Sapphire Grill and add anyone of the other places mentioned. You might also consider the Grill at Mahogeny Run for a nice lunch or dinner.

St. Thomas
Level Contributor
3,983 posts
2 reviews
5. Re: Red Hook dining

My favorite food venue in Red Hook is XO Bistro - Island Tyme for drinks view and pizza is a must too and Texas Pit BBQ for a great takeout picnic.

SD
Level Contributor
260 posts
8 reviews
6. Re: Red Hook dining

Thanks for all of the advice. Sapphire Grill was kind of a fill in case we didn't feel like going to Red Hook. Will keep that in mind and maybe just eat in that case. Will check out the recommendations not already on my list. 11 days and counting....

Great Meadows, New...
Level Contributor
83 posts
7 reviews
7. Re: Red Hook dining

Molly Malones is really good too. The Big Bambooz was terrible both times we went there. I always give a restaurant a second chance, but sorry we did at that place. Island Time was also good-Calzones were to die for. The Texas BBQ Pit was pretty good for take out

Tulsa, Oklahoma
Level Contributor
1,649 posts
36 reviews
8. Re: Red Hook dining

There is a pretty good Chinese place next to the marina market across from Fishtales. Can't remember the name of it though.

Mike in Tulsa

Tulsa, Oklahoma
Level Contributor
1,649 posts
36 reviews
9. Re: Red Hook dining

This might also help....

http://vieats.com/East_End.html

Mike in Tulsa

SD
Level Contributor
260 posts
8 reviews
10. Re: Red Hook dining

Thanks for all the great advice. Revised list and subject to change.

Duffy's, Island Time Pub, Fish tales, Texas Pit BBQ, Caribbean Saloon, and Molly Malone's.

Leave in 3 days! Have been checking the Sapphireinthesun beach cam regularly! Looks amazing!

Reply to: Red Hook dining
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about South Coast