We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Internet Access - hourly wireless

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
3 posts
117 reviews
Save Topic
Internet Access - hourly wireless

I just realized that the condo my husband booked does not have internet access. I need to be in touch with the office while on vacation from my laptop. Several years ago I had a similar situation when the internet was out in our condo. The owner gave me a webiste to use to purchase a week or two of wireless internet access. Any ideas of a local provider through which I can purchase "temporary" wireless internet for a laptop?

Boston...
Destination Expert
for St. Thomas, East End
Level Contributor
3,968 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Internet Access - hourly wireless

Many restaurants and coffee shops have free wifi and many resorts have a computer in the lobby for guests to use

Also depending on where you stay you may have access in your unit. For example at Sapphire ADM provides service go about $30/ week at many units

Understand that access may be spotty from time to time

Virginia
Level Contributor
2,370 posts
177 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Internet Access - hourly wireless

Bad husband, no treats for you! Seriously what condo complex will you be staying at and who is your wireless provider at home?

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
3 posts
117 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Internet Access - hourly wireless

Staying at Cowpet West. Individual unit does not have internet. Through work i have a Sprint hub but they (company IT) tell me it won't work in USVI - only Puerto Rico.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
3 posts
117 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Internet Access - hourly wireless

With my previuos situation i was at Sapphire and probably did buy hours from ADM. I know Boingo also has some spots but just not sure if they are verified and if they can be accessed - or what is around Cowpet to connect into. I don't mind paying a fee - just need access.

Virginia
Level Contributor
2,370 posts
177 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Internet Access - hourly wireless

Because of the BVI there's always a lot of confusion about coverage but Sprint has very good 4G data coverage in both PR and St T but unfortunately for you it fades towards the east end and Cowpet to off network roaming. Ask IT if "Expanded Sprint Direct Connect" would be of any use to you.

6. Re: Internet Access - hourly wireless

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:17 am, February 20, 2015
Get answers to your questions about East End