We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

wyndham questions--please help ASAP!

essex county, new...
Level Contributor
152 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
wyndham questions--please help ASAP!

Hello everyone!

i did notice some forums below mine regarding wyndham sugar bay, but i do have other questions i am concerned with. i need to hurry and book this vacation bc i have it on hold until a certain amount of time, but before i do so, i need to know what this place is all about.

since we acumulated miles for flying we have a free trip to st. thomas, and since it is an expensive island we want to do it all inclusive. i read MANY reviews about wyndham and im a bit worried. i understand they do not always matter until you experience it yourself but i think i need more opinions.

1. how rude is the staff?? i hear they are jerks

2. we are beach people. i hear the beach is bad. i am willing to take a ferry and goto another beach for a day or so but i dont want to do that my whole vacation. are there any beaches that are walkng distance?? also are water shoes a must??

3. are the rooms really dirty and full of bed bugs!?!?!? should i bring my own sheets??

4. will we be satisfied with the food? we are not picky eaters at all...

any other info is GREATLY APPRECIATED!!!

thanks so much, and reply soon if you can =)

Hampton Roads, VA
Level Contributor
1,271 posts
153 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: wyndham questions--please help ASAP!

We had friends that stayed at Wyndham last year and loved it. We were at Sapphire and they came over there to the beach-a short drive.

As for rude, if you properly greet people (Good Morning, Afternoon, Evening) they are usually very kind and reciprocate. Most islanders are stoic by nature and can be perceived as rude. On the other hand, there are some rude people everywhere. I don't think the Wyndham has any more than anuwhere else.

Our finds didn't do the all-inclusive and only ate there a couple of times but no complaints. They were happy with their room other than it no being right on the beach. You only need water shoes on the rocky beaches and most of them are not rocky. You could easily avoid them.

Remember, some people are much more critical than others. If you look at the reviews on each resort you will see people at both ends of the spectrum. Go, be open minded, and plan to have a great time.

Zionsville, Indiana
Level Contributor
147 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: wyndham questions--please help ASAP!

We didn't find the staff to be rude... just somewhat ambivalent. Food was pretty good (much better than Mexican AI resorts) at the main restaurant but we didn't care for the food at the restaurants by the pool. You should be fine if you're not expecting 5 star dining. But, the food service at the main restaurant was really, really slow... beyond just being on island time... to the point where you wanted to go serve yourself. The beach is not a walking beach (none in the USVI really are like that - lots of small, pretty coves.) There were a few bugs but hey, you're in the tropics, can't do much about it. Bring some bug spray? You are in hurricane range so going during hurricane season does carry some risk... as it would anywhere in the Caribbean... consider trip insurance on your hotel reservation (or consider not choosing the cheaper nonrefundable rates you can get directly from Wyndham if that's what you're looking at) and if there is a weather problem you can always pay the fee and redeposit your airline miles. Also being on that end of the island you are somewhat limited on non-resort dining options (unless you want to spend $/time on a lot of taxi rides to town for dinners.) If you are a beach person (there aren't any other beaches within walking distance due to the terrain) you should think about taking a day trip to St. John and/or the BVI to see their beaches. Have fun!

3. Re: wyndham questions--please help ASAP!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:24 am, August 12, 2009
Get answers to your questions about East End