We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Trip Report - 10Mar2011-15Mar2011 - Secret Harbour

Chester Springs...
1 post
Save Topic
Trip Report - 10Mar2011-15Mar2011 - Secret Harbour

Just got back from our short stay at Secret Harbour in honor of my wife's birthday (special number; no specifics). This was our 4th stay here, but we hadn't been to SH for 8 years. We were interested to see what, if anything, had changed. We've been travelling more in the US with a couple of trips to Antigua instead. Not much has changed at SH in that time. We took advantage of their "book four nights and get a fifth night free" offer. We had booked a studio and were upgraded to a one-bedroom suite (pleasant surprise). The room was nicely appointed and comfortable. We had requested anything but first floor and we had a 3rd floor ocean view - just what we wanted.

Front desk personnel were very friendly and helpful. We checked in and as soon as we settled in, we arranged for a taxi to take us to the Food Center for needed supplies (food & wine). We had our evening meal in the room followed by a good night's rest.

We're 'beach potatoes', so the top priority is always getting a good spot on the beach where we'll spend the entire day. My wife swims and suns - I read. We found our spot near the end of the beach away from the restaurant under an umbrella. The beach is relatively small, but doesn't feel crowded. The people using the beach range from families with young children (just a few months old in one case), through young people (preteens, teens & twenties), to middle age folks (like us), to seniors. The snorkelling is outstanding here and there are a lot of people enjoying that activity. Another bit of entertainment is the 3 iguanas that run around the beach and in the trees. Apparently, mid-March is mating season . . .

We had dinner at the Blue Moon Restauant one night. While the food was quite good, we remember it being better when we were there several years earlier. We also ate in the Cafe (no roof, just umbrellas - near the bar). A lighter fare in the Cafe, but I think you can order off the Restaurant menu if you choose.

In summary, we had a great time at Secret Harbour (but far too short). We don't need much in the way of activities or entertainment. SH is us just what we like: it's quiet and relaxing. Weather was perfect, though the water is not quite as warm as when we usually go the Caribbean (late April). The beach at SH is beautiful. Being on a bay keeps the water from getting the least bit rough. The bay is a marine life sanctuary and the fish seem to know this - as I mentioned, the snorkelling is exceptional. The staff (front desk, housekeeping, restaurant, bar) is very friendly and helpful. We find that going on Island Time and having a pleasant attitude gets you the same in return. We'll be going back soon.

Bob G

Texas
Level Contributor
155 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Trip Report - 10Mar2011-15Mar2011 - Secret Harbour

Thanks for posting! We'll be on STT in 80 days!

Virgin Islands
Level Contributor
223 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Trip Report - 10Mar2011-15Mar2011 - Secret Harbour

Nice trip report. I have lived next to Secret harbour since 1981 and rgreeny sums ir up exactly! It is quiet, relaxing and has great snorkeling.

3. Re: Trip Report - 10Mar2011-15Mar2011 - Secret Harbour

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:18 pm, October 27, 2012