We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sapphire Beach Condominium Resort

Level Contributor
5 posts
6 reviews
Sapphire Beach Condominium Resort

We are visiting St. Thomas in December (I know....earlier planning) and after doing a lot of research we would like to stay at the Sapphire Beach Condominium Resort, in Building E/D on the first floor, and preferably in an end unit. I've searched VRBO, Homeaway, and AirBNB but cannot find Unit 101 in Building E or Unit 109 in Building D. Do anyone know if they rent out these two units, and is it possible to reserve one of these specific units. The management company says they manage E101, but they do not have pictures of the room and they cannot guarantee that room if I book through them. I've read through enough posts to know that it might not be updated and to try renting directly through the homeowners.

The reason we like the end units is for the sunlight and larger patio's, but ultimately if they are not available we will end up renting another unit on the 1st floor. Just thought I would give this a try since our reservation is still 10/11 months away.

Thank you for any insight and we are very excited about our trip to St. Thomas this December.

St Thomas
Destination Expert
for St. Thomas
Level Contributor
16,158 posts
20 reviews
1. Re: Sapphire Beach Condominium Resort

D109 may not be a rental unit and, as you've figured out, it's wiser to deal with an individual owner as the management company won't give you any information on the units they handle nor guarantee a location. You won't be lacking sunlight wherever you stay! Sapphire is an excellent choice - my #1 recommendation for many, many years. Have fun planning!

Michigan
Level Contributor
639 posts
9 reviews
2. Re: Sapphire Beach Condominium Resort

Hi I too am searching for a place for a week in early 2018 so I have been in contact with some alredy

The last unit in the E building E109 faces the beach and the marina on the side

Darlene the owner is a super super nice lady when she emailed me back

The vrbo is number 554521 cute unit

Good Luck let me know how you make out

H T
Usa
Level Contributor
25 posts
45 reviews
3. Re: Sapphire Beach Condominium Resort

D101 is offered on VRBA. Corner with a hammock. You can google it.

Level Contributor
5 posts
6 reviews
4. Re: Sapphire Beach Condominium Resort

I saw this one, but it may be too close to the pool for us. We like to think we are in our own little paradise sometimes. LOL.

H T
Usa
Level Contributor
25 posts
45 reviews
5. Re: Sapphire Beach Condominium Resort

we rented it. I'll let you know!

Michigan
Level Contributor
9 posts
41 reviews
6. Re: Sapphire Beach Condominium Resort

We stayed at sapphire many times and each time we "improved" out stay. During our 2015 trip we watched the sun "movement" at sapphire and noticed the corner of E building next to marina had the "longest" day with sun still shining on that building corner into early evening. I called the Resort because I wanted to book the top floor - e309 but they told me it was full time resident there and not renting. So, I narrowed down to e109 called Seas the day on ground floor- vrbo 554521 and e209 - right above it called Glass house on the sea -vrbo 988501. I got quotes from both and ended up booking e209 for more privacy and sun (i love my cocktail happy hour with sun still shining:) We loved it and i wrote a review of our stay afterwords on trip advisor. I am actually working on booking our next trip there as we speak!

Tip: careful when booking your condo - make sure you review the SPECIFIC condo and book it thru owner of that condo. One time we booked thru resort and ended up moving out - the place was outdated, wifi not working, etc. We learned our lesson and now go directly thru booking from owner.

Michigan
Level Contributor
9 posts
41 reviews
7. Re: Sapphire Beach Condominium Resort

Hey Rebecca - just found your corner unit you were looking in D building. D building is larger and has 11 units not 9 (like others) on each floor, so unit d109 in d building would not be corner. You corner unit would be d111. I found it on vrbo but they made it a double unit merging d110 and d111. They remodeled 2 units and made them one larger unit. You can see it on vrbo# 878637 and its called 2br/2ba Beachfront walk out. Of course its double price too....

Level Contributor
5 posts
6 reviews
8. Re: Sapphire Beach Condominium Resort

Thank you for the information. We are hopefully booking E109, I think the corner unit will make for a more private experience. I also found D110 and 111 and had an opportunity to exchange emails with the owner, he is quite nice BTW, but it was just too big for us.

I hope you enjoy your trip down there....and of course your sunset cocktails too.

Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
77 posts
25 reviews
9. Re: Sapphire Beach Condominium Resort

We booked E209 for our stay in July, can't wait!

Methuen...
13 posts
10. Re: Sapphire Beach Condominium Resort

Kerri- When in July? E209 is one of our top choices so far. I'll be there July 22-Aug 5th.

Get answers to your questions about East End