We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Just booked it! - 2 bdrm secret harbour ocean view

Berlin, MD
Level Contributor
27 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
Just booked it! - 2 bdrm secret harbour ocean view

Hi looking for someone who has stayed in a 2 bedroom secret harbour ocean view room who can tell me about their experience.

thanks!

Washington DC...
Destination Expert
for St. Thomas
Level Contributor
3,242 posts
207 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Just booked it! - 2 bdrm secret harbour ocean view

I have not stayed at Secret Harbour, but have stayed at other places in the area and have been to STT many times over the past 25+ years. The rooms at SH have kitchenettes, which make it very convenient, especially for families. You can pick up food items at Marina Market in Red Hook enroute to the hotel. Being able to make your own bagels and coffee in the morning and get going early is a plus.

The ocean view rooms are on the hillside. They are not beachfront. Many of them have great views down to the water. Some, however, have views obscured by the foliage. You might inquire next time you call to make sure you do get a room with a "view." Rooms are all a little different, in terms of furnishings and condition, according to some folks who have been there. It is a place that lots of people go back to, so that is appealing. Great sunsets in this area!

Perhaps others can be more helpful. Have fun!

Tinley Park...
9 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Just booked it! - 2 bdrm secret harbour ocean view

I have stayed at Secret Harbour for the past 3 years in their beachfront 1 bedroom and sometimes a studio. The rooms are very nice as well as the beach. You will enjoy your stay.

Rochester, Illinois
Level Contributor
27 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Just booked it! - 2 bdrm secret harbour ocean view

I booked one night in June for a two bedroom condo beachfront following our week on st john. I've eaten at Blue Moon and loved the location, plus the snorkelling was magnificent in the little cove at Secret Harbor, so I have always wanted to stay. I have wondered about the accommodations, but with our family of 5, often two hotel rooms is way more expensive than a condo anyway.

virginia
Level Contributor
330 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Just booked it! - 2 bdrm secret harbour ocean view

Just returned from Secret Harbour and my review will be up soon.

It was a fantastic stay. We had a 2bedroom beachfront for 4 nights (family of 5) 215. It was HUGE. older and in need of some updating esp. the bathrooms, but VERY CLEAN!! we had to change to a 1 bedroom ocean view for last 2 days (knew this before we left....I made reservations too late!!) Yes, it was up the hill but with the stair layout not bad 714. It had a beautiful view and was updated it is more tropical garden up there than beach.

I LOVED the beach and the snorkling to the right and left side is great! This is a great low key (not posh or fancy) resort. If you greet the staff with "good morning, good afternoon" etc.... they are very pleasant.

I would go back in a heart beat.

Mentioned in this post
Secret Harbour
Secret Harbour
636 Reviews
St. Thomas
5. Re: Just booked it! - 2 bdrm secret harbour ocean view

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 4:16 pm, August 17, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Charlotte Amalie