We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Honeymoon at the Marriott in May

Which Charlotte Amalie hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Austin, Texas
Level Contributor
1,354 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Honeymoon at the Marriott in May

Hello everyone,

I am taking my beautiful bride down to St. Thomas for our honeymoon in May. We are staying at the Marriott and was wondering if you could give us some advice on what and what not to do. First off, we are beach people and just like to relax on the beach during the day and go out to dinner at night. How many days out of seven should we get a rental car? What are some good sunset dinner/cocktail cruises to go on? Also, do the Marriott hotel bars run any happy hour specials and what are they?

Thanks so much everyone for your help. We're really excited to check out all that the USVI has to offer!

Jeff

Hampton Roads, VA
Level Contributor
1,266 posts
124 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Honeymoon at the Marriott in May

Congratulations on your wedding! As for the rental car, you can usually get a 7 day rental cheaper than trying to do it by the day. It will free you up to do so much more and you will save $ over taxi fares. You can visit some of the other beaches (Magens, Sapphire, Coki are worth seeing) and take your own tour. We use Thrifty because they have good service and are less expensive. I personally do not recommend Budget at the airport. Depending on what you want, you can get one for as low as $150 for the week (1 taxi ride to your hotel will cost you about $30-40 including tips, bags, etc..)

New Horizons has a nice sunset sail that you may enjoy. There are many to choose from, just compare when you get there because new ones pop up frequently.

I don't know about the Marriott happy hour but I am sure that they have some. You should get to Paradise Point for their happy hour one day, it is an amazing sunset view. The Green House downtown also has 2 for 1's in the afternoon.

If you get a chance, see St. John while there. There are some amazing uncrowded beaches over there.

Hope you have a great trip and congrats!

2. Re: Honeymoon at the Marriott in May

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 9:22 am, August 19, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Charlotte Amalie