We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Walking Tour

Which Charlotte Amalie hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
54 posts
33 reviews
Save Topic
Walking Tour

I will be going on a cruise in March that will stop in St. Thomas. I will be there for about 8-9 hours, and I will spend 3 hours on a tour that goes to St. Peter's House and a mountain top that will end in downtown Charlotte Amalie.

So, I will have about 4-5 hours of leisure. I am more interested in seeing the town than to hang out at the beach. I was thinking of wandering about the city of Charlotte Amalie. I will be going with my father. But, it looks like Charlotte Amalie is not very big due to the mountains. Will there be enough to see?

Also, is it safe to just walk around?

St Thomas, VI
Destination Expert
for St. Thomas
Level Contributor
7,488 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Walking Tour

The St Thomas Historical Trust offers guided walking tours. It's safe to walk around town if you stay on the waterfront or Main Street. The main shopping areas are also safe.

St Thomas
Destination Expert
for St. Thomas
Level Contributor
14,194 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Walking Tour

If you go here:

stthomashistoricaltrust.org/museum-store.php

you can purchase the STT Historical Society's self-guided tour of the historical district for a mere $13.

3. Re: Walking Tour

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:18 am, February 24, 2015
Get answers to your questions about Charlotte Amalie