We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Fort Christian

Which Charlotte Amalie hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Level Contributor
7 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Fort Christian

Any word on when it might reopen? We will be in St thomas in March. It was closed 11years ago on our first trip to STT and again last year. We are hoping three times is the charm...

St Thomas
Destination Expert
for St. Thomas
Level Contributor
14,026 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Fort Christian

In September a Memorandum of Agreement was signed to facilitate its reopening but I don't believe any date has yet been set. Hopefully by March!

Charlotte Amalie...
Level Contributor
676 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Fort Christian

Hopefully sooner than that. Will keep you informed as we at the St Thomas Historical Trust are working diligently in getting it open soon!

RL

Level Contributor
7 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Fort Christian

Thanks RL. My kids are looking forward to seeing the "inside" this time. That, AND Hassel Island. Happy my kids have in interest in history... 😄

Charlotte Amalie...
Level Contributor
676 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Fort Christian

Just call the Trust office. 774-5514. There are now organized Hassel Island tours and I am sure the Fort will be on the tour line up as well.

RL

St Thomas, VI
Destination Expert
for St. Thomas
Level Contributor
7,367 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Fort Christian

To bring the fort alive, I recommend the book, Rebecca's Revival. It's an interesting, non-fiction book about a free woman of color who mentions living at the fort during the 1700's.

6. Re: Fort Christian

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:18 am, December 11, 2014
Get answers to your questions about Charlotte Amalie