We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Magic Ice & Emerald Beach

Which Charlotte Amalie hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Manitoba, Canada
Level Contributor
156 posts
39 reviews
Save Topic
Magic Ice & Emerald Beach

Hi There - visiting St. Thomas for the 1st time on a cruise. Wanting to try something a little different - so we would like to catch a dollar taxi directly to Emeral Beach, spend a couple of hours, then head to Magic Ice. I was told Magic Ice is close to the beach - is it walking distance? Then we would grab a taxi back in to Charlotte Amalie, hopefully having enough time to shop and walk around a bit. Can anyone give any advice and let me know the distance between Emerald and Magic. Thank you!

St Thomas
Destination Expert
for St. Thomas
Level Contributor
14,358 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Magic Ice & Emerald Beach

Lindbergh Beach is closer to the Crown Bay port facility than Havensight but both are a short taxi ride ($5 per person) from either. Magic Ice is located on the waterfront and technically is walkable distance from the beach but a much more comfortable taxi ride. From Magic Ice the shops in town are very close by and easily a walkable distance.

Virginia
Level Contributor
2,271 posts
175 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Magic Ice & Emerald Beach

Might help others if you posted which dock you would be using since they are opposite sides of town.

Pretty sure Magic Ice is in Town and from Emerald Beach (which the dollar taxis don't service) it would be too far to walk.

Waiting for a dollar taxi when you only have a few hours in port is not suggested.

Colorado
Level Contributor
920 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Magic Ice & Emerald Beach

Magic Ice is at the west end of the downtown shopping area just past the Greenhouse . Not easy walking distance imo to any beach includes Emerald Beach.

St Thomas
Destination Expert
for St. Thomas
Level Contributor
14,358 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Magic Ice & Emerald Beach

In case there's any confusion, Emerald Beach is the name of the resort which is located on Lindbergh Beach.

Manitoba, Canada
Level Contributor
156 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Magic Ice & Emerald Beach

We will be docking at Havensight - so I guess taking a cab to Lindbergh Beach, then another cab to Magic Ice is recommended? Are we then able to walk/shop our way back to the Havensight dock or would that still be a considerable distance?

Thank you so much for your help!

Boston...
Destination Expert
for St. Thomas, East End
Level Contributor
3,811 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Magic Ice & Emerald Beach

You can walk it. It is a fairly long walk, but people do it.

Philadelphia...
Level Contributor
821 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Magic Ice & Emerald Beach

Can someone enlighten me as to what Magic Ice is? I have never heard of it.

St Thomas
Destination Expert
for St. Thomas
Level Contributor
14,358 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Magic Ice & Emerald Beach

Here's the information:

http://www.magicice.vi/

Philadelphia...
Level Contributor
821 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Magic Ice & Emerald Beach

OK, so as I understand it, people are heading to St. Thomas to escape the ice and snow on the mainland and elsewhere and when they get to warm, sunny St. Thomas they head to a place that is below zero degrees to see ice and snow sculpture! Makes perfect sense to me!

Boston...
Destination Expert
for St. Thomas, East End
Level Contributor
3,811 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Magic Ice & Emerald Beach

Welcome to the islands.

Against all logic it will probably do well.