We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Staying at the Elysian for a week

Which Charlotte Amalie hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Florida
Level Contributor
14 posts
71 reviews
Save Topic
Staying at the Elysian for a week

Would like to get comments on places to eat in Red Hook and best islands to visit from Red Hook...Best car Rental? Any info you can pass my way is appreciated.

Allentown...
Level Contributor
592 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Staying at the Elysian for a week

Molly Molone's has excellent breakfast. Fish Tails also has breakfast, but it's hit or miss. On our most recent trip, our favorite dinner was at The Cellar. XO Bistro has great sandwiches for lunch, hope to try it for dinner next trip.

St. John is a must island visit. I would also suggest a visit to White Bay in Jost Van Dyke. JVD is part of the British Virgin Islands so a passport is needed.

Allentown...
Level Contributor
592 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Staying at the Elysian for a week

I forgot to add, Island Time Pub is a great spot for pizza. It's a casual, outdoor restaurant in American Yacht Harbor in Red Hook.

Hurley, New York
Level Contributor
1,989 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Staying at the Elysian for a week

The last time we were on island (mid-January) we had two dinners at Molly Malone's, and the food was not as good as at previous visits.

In addition, they must have gotten some refrigerators from Lucas because, both nights, both Guinness and Beck's beer were served at "English temperature". Carlsberg Elephant, however was nice and cold.

Of course four plus months can be an eternity in terms of restaurant quality, so if you can get a recent report that contradicts what I just said, disregard this post.

Steve

Schaumburg, IL
Level Contributor
792 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Staying at the Elysian for a week

Hi Bandit,

Sorry that I can't add any info on the dining suggestions, just curious as to your stay at Elysian as we booked a unit through VRBO, but we aren't traveling until next Feb. How did you book your unit, condo or hotel room? When are you traveling?

Virginia
Level Contributor
2,231 posts
161 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Staying at the Elysian for a week

Most all the information you may seek has already been shared time and time again. Scrolling back through numerous pages of posts and reading the threads that catch your attention will quickly help you zero in on a wide variety of activities that interest you. Without knowing anything about your tastes, budget, interests etc. the people who share their experiences here are at a disadvantage and left to guess what you are looking for. Travelgurl's suggestions are good. I like XO for lunch or dinner, the Cellar is nice but it hurts my wallet too much. Island Time does a great job and as gurl says and Steve may be seconding (unless he drinks Guinness at breakfast) M.Mallones is nice for breakfast, but the other meal periods I'll pass. So many choices and so little time.

Other islands? St John is a no-brainer and very cost effective. The other islands come at a cost of time and money and require passports. Private charters on motor yachts or sail are easily arranged but as I wrote earlier it would help if you did some legwork and then use the forums to zero in.

Check your messages.

Tom

albany, NY, USA
Level Contributor
3 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Staying at the Elysian for a week

Bandit49 - when are you going? We will be the end of June 2012. Just got Bill's list and it's a great thing to have.

7. Re: Staying at the Elysian for a week

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 pm, June 21, 2013
Get answers to your questions about Charlotte Amalie