We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Amalie Car Rental.......Fantastic!!!!

Which Charlotte Amalie hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Blue Springs...
Level Contributor
2 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
Amalie Car Rental.......Fantastic!!!!

My husband and I spent Christmas (2011) on St. Thomas and arrived two days before. We had made reservations with Budget back in February! I called the day before we arrived on Island and was told everything was great.....No it wasn't. We arrived to pick up our car and were told there weren't any cars available. The woman was RUDE!!! I frantically called around and no one had a car. This didn't surprise me, but made me feel a little ill. Then, I called Amalie Car Rental and was told they would work something out. They did! A wonderful couple with a wonderful dedication to customer service....Glad we called!!!! :)

Would definitely recommend them to anyone traveling to St. Thomas or St. John.

Definitely 5 *******!!! (Not sure where that option is, Sorry!)

New Jersey
Level Contributor
616 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Amalie Car Rental.......Fantastic!!!!

2 posts and they both sing the praises of a car rental place? I have nothing against Amalie Car rental but this reeks of an advertisement.

Michigan
Destination Expert
for St. Thomas
Level Contributor
1,548 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Amalie Car Rental.......Fantastic!!!!

I also love Amalie:) When we land in STT and see Magdalena waiting for us it feels like coming home! They are the absolute best in customer service. To me it is worth the few extra dollars it might cost over one of the big named, chain places.

NE Arkansas
Level Contributor
364 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Amalie Car Rental.......Fantastic!!!!

Amalie Car Rental is awesome! Njgregd, maybe you haven't used them before? (reeks of an advertisement?) We have used them twice, and intended to this time. However we had a couple join us late in the planning stages and they didn't have a 4 door Jeep available. Magdalena offered to call around to help us find one. We saw her at the airport, she knew us by name and apologized again for not being able to accommodate us. EXCELLENT customer service. Many folks should learn from their personable service.

New Jersey
Level Contributor
616 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Amalie Car Rental.......Fantastic!!!!

I am not questioning the quality of Amalie Car rental, it receives nothing but positive reviews on this site. What I am questioning is the validity of this Trip Advisor User. They have two posts to their name and they both are virtual advertisements for Amalie Car rental.

Reno, NV
Level Contributor
4 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Amalie Car Rental.......Fantastic!!!!

I operate a vacation villa on STT and my guests (without my imput) have used Amalie Car Rental and have been very satisfied.

Middleburg, Virginia
Level Contributor
123 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Amalie Car Rental.......Fantastic!!!!

I have booked with Budget for Feb. 3 - 9th, now I am scared! Should I cancel and change?

Middleburg, Virginia
Level Contributor
123 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Amalie Car Rental.......Fantastic!!!!

I have booked with Budget for Feb. 3 - 9th, now I am scared! Should I cancel and change?

NE Arkansas
Level Contributor
364 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Amalie Car Rental.......Fantastic!!!!

If Amalie has a rental, I would switch. I don't think that's the first time Budget has had that situation happen. Amalie will meet you at the airport and again when you leave. It is so hassle free and they are the nicest people you'll meet.

central Texas
Level Contributor
23 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Amalie Car Rental.......Fantastic!!!!

I agree 100% Amalie car rentals is by far the best. Truly a caring couple.

10. Re: Amalie Car Rental.......Fantastic!!!!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:19 am, January 14, 2013
Get answers to your questions about Charlotte Amalie