We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cynthia's Portrait Art

Level Contributor
1 post
19 reviews
Save Topic
Cynthia's Portrait Art

My wife and I had talked about family portraits at the beach for years and we finally did it in St. Thomas. Cynthia's eye for the perfect wave as well as her artistic view produced stunning works. I can't wait to get them up on the wall and have a constant reminder of our wonderful vacation as seen through Cynthia's lense. I would strongly recommend sitting for a session and the finished product is worth EVERY penny.

Enfield, Connecticut
Level Contributor
26 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Cynthia's Portrait Art

Do you have contact information for her? I have been searching high & low for a photographer in St. Thomas to take a family portrait.

St. Thomas
1 post
Save Reply
2. Re: Cynthia's Portrait Art

Cynthia's Portrait Art Virgin Islands is 340-690-1633.

Andover...
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Cynthia's Portrait Art

Cynthia and her husband Dennis are wonderful photograhers. They are professional from start to finish and very nice to boot! They did an amazing job working with out three small children and the finished product was wonderful. They know the island very well and chose a great spot for photos on a cloudy day. I couldn't be happier with Cynthia and the pictures we bought!!! I highly recommend them. We were there in November 2010. Her website is here: www.cynthiasportraitart.com

Doylestown...
4 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Cynthia's Portrait Art

We used Cynthia and Dennis to photograph our family of seven at the Marriott Frenchman's Reef. When my daughter and I viewed the slide show of her photos, it moved us to tears. She is a skilled professional with an eye for beauty. Cynthia is very creative and the finished project is outstanding. We're spoiled now that we've used her in St. Thomas. We'll have to visit the island the next time we want family photos!! I heartily endorse her work if you want an exceptional experience.

St Thomas
Destination Expert
for St. Thomas
Level Contributor
14,948 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Cynthia's Portrait Art

Four out of five posts from one-time TA posters. Hmmmm ...

St. Thomas
1 post
Save Reply
6. Re: Cynthia's Portrait Art

I too had photos taken by Cynthia but my experience was very different. Yes she is very talented and the finish product was lovely, but her customer service skills SUCK big time. I paid a deposit of $1, 500. She said it would be about 4-6 weeks, well it was actually 5-6 months before my photos arrived on island. Calls to her during this period were unanswered or ignored. Guess what, after waiting for so long to recieve my photos, she started stalking me for payment although I had given her date (less than 2 weeks) when I would pick up my photos. Further, she continually asked if she could charged my credit card although I kept telling her no I would apy in cash. I don't know if she assumed a African American would not be able to afford her work but her behavior certainly makes me wonder. The sad part is she has lost a repeat customer (as I would have used again when my child turned 5) and a referral source. I will never do business with her again and I will not refer anyone to her.

7. Re: Cynthia's Portrait Art

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:18 pm, December 14, 2013
Get answers to your questions about Charlotte Amalie