We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

One Night / Day in Charlotte Amalie, Where to Eat?

NE Arkansas
Level Contributor
366 posts
24 reviews
Save Topic
One Night / Day in Charlotte Amalie, Where to Eat?

We will arrive on STT on Jan. 4 and will stay one night at the Crystal Palace, then pick up our Jeep the next morning to stay the rest of the trip on STJ. We are celebrating our 4th anniversary-is there somewhere special that we must eat? Is there a beach that we should go to that morning before heading to STJ?

NE Arkansas
Level Contributor
366 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: One Night / Day in Charlotte Amalie, Where to Eat?

Sorry, just saw the previous post asking about a romantic dinner, so those will answer my question on that. What about a beach? Should we just head over to STJ that morning?

St Thomas
Destination Expert
for St. Thomas
Level Contributor
14,818 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: One Night / Day in Charlotte Amalie, Where to Eat?

I'd suggest taking a leisurely scenic drive "over the hill" to Red Hook. Just ask Ronnie and he'll give you directions. Have a wonderful visit. Cheers!

home
Level Contributor
278 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: One Night / Day in Charlotte Amalie, Where to Eat?

I'd suggest you head over to Sapphire Beach. It's about 5 min from the Red Hook ferry and is awesome. I'd also suggest Mafolie for dinner. Close to Crystal palace, sort of, and great food and views of CA and harbor.

Charlotte Amalie...
Level Contributor
676 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: One Night / Day in Charlotte Amalie, Where to Eat?

Don't worry, I will get you going in the right direction! That is what I do here at the Crystal Palace.

Ronnie

Midlothian, Virginia
Level Contributor
2 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: One Night / Day in Charlotte Amalie, Where to Eat?

I would suggest Banana Tree at Bluebeards, the food is wonderful, and the view is awesome/ This is a fairly pricy restuarant but worth it for a romantic celebration. My husband and I just returned and celebrated our 17th anniversary there..

If you want a more local casual atmosphere try Hook Line and Sinker, my daughter and her boyfriend are there this week, and loved it!! Happy travels!

Washington DC...
Destination Expert
for St. Thomas
Level Contributor
3,165 posts
179 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: One Night / Day in Charlotte Amalie, Where to Eat?

Agave Terrace at the POint Pleasant Resort -- go before dark for the fabulous views from the hilltop perch.

The Old Stone Farmhouse has wonderful food and is very romantic...no view of the sea, but lovely garden setting in the hills.

Herve's in town is one of the best restaurants on the island...view of the harbor and nice ambience.

I also like Bleu at the Ritz...with the view of Great Bay and pretty grounds to wander after dinner and listen to the music.

Sapphire Beach or Coki...

Charlotte Amalie...
Level Contributor
131 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: One Night / Day in Charlotte Amalie, Where to Eat?

All of the places mentioned are great, but two not mentioned, and in the closest proximity to The Crystal Palace, are Herve' and Cuzzins - the first being more refined and romantic, the second being more of local dishes, more casual, and with a great art collection.

Either is walkable from Ronnie's place, or a very inexpensive taxi ride. Other places are all farther out of town, cabs charge after hours rates and it may be more than you would care to pay for, but your call...

Sapphire is a great beach and closest to the ferry, so that is a good suggestion. Enjoy your visit!

Suz

8. Re: One Night / Day in Charlotte Amalie, Where to Eat?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 6:15 pm, September 15, 2009