We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

true local non tourist restaurants/bars east end

Norwich, CT
Level Contributor
2 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
true local non tourist restaurants/bars east end

Hello -

Spending my honeymoon with my future wife in st thomas for 10 nights at the Ritz Carlton.

Hoping no hurricanes/tropical storms - but did purchase trip insurance.

Booked airport transfers in a town car with Kelly's Taxi at the recommendation of the concierge.....and that's it so far haha.

I'm looking for the following recommendations:

1. True locals bars & restaurants. Preferably in the red hook area. Are places such as Duffy's really local or are they more touristy?

2. Two or three additional fine dining restaurants that are off property.

3. The Lady Lynsey will be out of the water while we are there - any affordable day charters around the island /to St. John for the day? A friend of ours recommended One Love Charters. It's about 650 for a day plus fuel, gratuity etc. however it can take up to 8 people. So we are hoping to find another honeymoon couple staying at the ritz that we will meet & wouldn't mind splitting the costs with us.

4. I'm a huge New England Patriots fan - is there a bar near the Ritz that would have the NFL Sunday Ticket?

We are staying September 15-25th

Any help from frequent visitors or locals would be appreciated. It's overwhelming to try and plan for 10 days although if we do nothing for a few of them I'm sure we would be ok hanging out at the beach or pool.

Adam

Norwich, CT
Level Contributor
2 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: true local non tourist restaurants/bars east end

Just want to thank everyone for their responses. Never expected so many - going through this now. Appreciate all of your help!

Adam

Durham, North...
Level Contributor
116 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: true local non tourist restaurants/bars east end

Your question #4. The Caribbean Saloon is a sports bar facing the harbor in Red Hook. Their margarita pizza is terrific. Dinner fare is generally steak.

#2. I like The Cellar, Blue Orchid, Old Stone Farmhouse in STT and High Tide, waterfront in ST. John.

Philadelphia...
Level Contributor
92 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: true local non tourist restaurants/bars east end

We had a rental car and took the car barge to St. John for the day. I would highly recommend that for one of your days! Mongoose Junction is a beautiful shopping area, and there are so many beautiful beaches when you drive around the island. We went to Trunk and Cinnamon, and then went to Watermelon Cay which involves a short hike on a dirt trail along the coast ... absolutely spectacular!

We also did a day cruise with New Horizons, but it was with about 30 people. The cost was They took us to Virgin Gorda, where we went to the Baths, which were absolutely "must see" amazing. We then went to Marina Cay for lunch ... a tiny little island with just one hotel, the beach bar/restaurant, and a store. From there we went to Diamond Reef to snorkel, and then onto Jost Von Dyke. Seeing the BVIs was definitely worth it. If you have the time, definitely do it. The cost was $150 per person plus the $40 customs fee.

14. Re: true local non tourist restaurants/bars east end

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, August 10, 2015