We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Megan's Bay

natewilson
Level Contributor
14 posts
64 reviews
Save Topic
Megan's Bay

My wife and some friends of ours will be arriving on 5/17/14. We are spending a week on St. John but would like to see Megan's Bay before we take the car ferry over. I don't think there are any cruises in port that day. Any suggestions on a bar/ restaurant to stop at on the way from the airport to Megan's Bay or at Megan's Bay would be very much appreciated.

St Thomas
Destination Expert
for St. Thomas
Level Contributor
14,516 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Megan's Bay

There is a full bar and a casual eating place (actually very good basic food such as burgers, pizza, sandwiches, etc.) right there at Magens. By the way it's spelled "Magens" - no apostrophe. Enjoy!

Boston...
Destination Expert
for St. Thomas, East End
Level Contributor
3,836 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Megan's Bay

We had a really good pizza on the beach there in March and most of the food looked good.

Magens Point Restaurant, Simply Italian, is nearby and of course Udder Delight offers potent ice cream concocotions with various rums.

St. Thomas
Level Contributor
4,239 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Megan's Bay

The Cup and Cork at Magens Point hotel/condo has a great sandwiches for take out - very convenient to stop at 3 minutes from Magens bay.

Northof Boston
Level Contributor
527 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Megan's Bay

I would go right to the bar at Magens.

New London, New...
Level Contributor
366 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Megan's Bay

I've always like the resteraunt up at Megan's point. The food fluctuates from ok to great. But the vibe is always very low key and relaxed.

Houston TX USA
Level Contributor
6 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Megan's Bay

We will be sailing into Magens Bay on June 13 and will have to drop anchor and come to shore via dinghy. Not wishing to leave the dinghy totally unattended, are any of the suggested eateries right there on/nearby the beach?

Boston...
Destination Expert
for St. Thomas, East End
Level Contributor
3,836 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Megan's Bay

The restaurantand bar are on the beach, but I am not sure you can come in by dinghy. The beach is roped off but maybe local sailor or someone more familiar with that aspect can answer

St Thomas
Destination Expert
for St. Thomas
Level Contributor
14,516 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Megan's Bay

Come in far left of Magens and you'll see a spot where you can haul up the dinghy or throw out a small anchor in the shallows and it's just a short hop of a walk to the restaurant/bar.

New London, New...
Level Contributor
366 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Megan's Bay

Megans has boat channel. Look for the kayaks lined up on the beach and follow the markers.

natewilson
Level Contributor
14 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Megan's Bay

Thanks for the info on the beach bar and concessions right on Magens Beach. Drinks were great. Gyro and club sandwiches were very good as well. Restrooms were very clean and changing area.Got lucky and the place was not very crowded at all. Mainly just locals enjoying their Saturday. This is definitely an amazing beach that St. Thomas should be proud to show off.