We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Viewing Sea turtles

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
40 posts
50 reviews
Save Topic
Viewing Sea turtles

Hi there

Can anyone advise me where and if you can see Sea Turtles without snorkelling in the St Thomas or Phillisburg area. We will be on a cruise in April and all tours to these islands include snorkelling which I am unable to do. Can you hire body boards which have a viewing panel in them or is there a place you can see them in shallow water or land?

St Thomas, VI
Level Contributor
8,328 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Viewing Sea turtles

You can see them at Coral World. They have rescued turtles in a pool that can not be released back into the wild. At least twice a day there's a Turtle Talk lecture where you get a chance to see them being fed and hear about their behavior in the wild. You can even get in the pool with them (no snorkeling) and touch them for an additional fee.

Level Contributor
65 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Viewing Sea turtles

We did a snorkeling tour on The Cat last year and the water was too rough for my daughters and I to snorkel, but we still had great views of the turtles when they would come to the surface for air.

3. Re: Viewing Sea turtles

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:19 am, February 06, 2015
Follow this conversation!
Get notified when a new reply comes in.
Follow now