We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where can I get a good digital underwater camera?

Georgia
Level Contributor
3,732 posts
79 reviews
Save Topic
Where can I get a good digital underwater camera?

Mine drowned today and it's killing me not to have reminders of all my snorkeling discoveries!

Virginia
Level Contributor
2,503 posts
200 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Where can I get a good digital underwater camera?

Check Boolchands

Charlotte Amalie...
Level Contributor
676 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Where can I get a good digital underwater camera?

And Royal Caribbean.

Boston
Level Contributor
3,139 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Where can I get a good digital underwater camera?

Edited: 11:36 am, November 01, 2013
Roanoke, Virginia
Level Contributor
143 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Where can I get a good digital underwater camera?

Put your camera, with battery compartment slightly open into a large ziplock bag of rice for 24 hours. It may draw out enough moisture to revive it.

Virginia
Level Contributor
2,503 posts
200 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Where can I get a good digital underwater camera?

Then strain out the camera and saute some fine diced shallot, onion, celery and carrot in butter, add the rice, salt, fresh ground black pepper and water or chicken stock, a bay leaf and sprig of fresh rosemary. Bring to a boil, cover, reduce the heat and cook about 20 minutes.

If the camera works please post a photo. If not please dispose of it properly then enjoy your pilaf or store in handy zip-lock bag.

Edited: 2:36 pm, November 01, 2013
Georgia
Level Contributor
3,732 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Where can I get a good digital underwater camera?

Thanks for all the suggestions. Did end up calling Boochands and Royal Caribbean and the gal at Royal Caribbean was much more informative so we went there and got a really good deal on a new Olympus. So far so good. Was going to start my blog while here, but Blogger won't let me sign-in in this "suspiscious" place! Now if only the sun would come out!

7. Re: Where can I get a good digital underwater camera?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11:16 pm, November 02, 2014