We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sapphire Beach Resort Marina usage fees?

Charleston, South...
Level Contributor
22 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Sapphire Beach Resort Marina usage fees?

What is the cost to rent jet skis here, dock a boat etc?

Virginia
Level Contributor
2,466 posts
191 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Sapphire Beach Resort Marina usage fees?

Can't answer the jet ski rental question but can tell you there is no standard for dockage since each slip is privately owned as a dockominium so each owner would set their own price.

Charleston, South...
Level Contributor
22 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Sapphire Beach Resort Marina usage fees?

Thanks for the information. I was told they charge a $35 fee for another boat to come in there to pick us up right there verses having to go to AYH in Red Hook???

Boston...
Destination Expert
for St. Thomas, East End
Level Contributor
4,079 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Sapphire Beach Resort Marina usage fees?

Cindy

You are talking about two different things. Well I guess maybe three different things. Mooring at Sapphire Marina will involve a fee.

There is no charge by the marina for a boat to come in to the marina to pick up people. The charge is from the boat owner to spend the time and fuel to come and get you and it isn't unusual.

Jet ski rentals are about $50/hour. There are a few different vendors so you may be able to negotiate a bit. In my opinion renting a jet ski is far more dangerous than you might think, and does harm to marine environment.

Charleston, South...
Level Contributor
22 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Sapphire Beach Resort Marina usage fees?

Bill,

THANK YOU very much for the information on the marina and lack of fee for a boat to come in to pick someone up. I am a little irritated now because this particular boat would only be coming from AYH which is like around the corner. It's always nice to be enlightened. If someone is going to charge me a fee at least be honest and tell me it is their fee and not say it is the resort marina's fee!!

Virginia
Level Contributor
2,466 posts
191 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Sapphire Beach Resort Marina usage fees?

I stopped in the marina office this AM and learned that recently (within the last 60 days) they instituted a pick-up or drop-off fee starting at $35.00 (I am pretty certain he said or -not) He added it was less expensive than AYA.

For larger boats such as the catamarans that frequently come over from Water Bay the fee is based on their Coast Guard licensed capacity however currently they are limited to smaller boats because the head dock is cordoned off for repairs that are set to begin soon.

So it appears CindyLP that the information you received was both honest and timely; most unusual indeed for these Virgin Islands. At least true to form it only took us forum watchers only 3 weeks to get you a proper response so rest well that things are safe and they should be.

Bill, are you here? It's almost tea time.

Edited: 12:21 pm, September 14, 2013
Charleston, South...
Level Contributor
22 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Sapphire Beach Resort Marina usage fees?

Thanks Tom for your posting. Trust me when I say that I never sincerely thought there was an honesty issue going on here. it all started because I really was curious to know if marina rates were regulated there like taxi rates are and it sort of took on it's own life form from there. I appreciate you taking the time to post this current information and look forward to hanging out and doing a little island hopping when I am there in Feb. The bottom line is that it really doesn't matter what the fee is because it is what it is, and I will suck it up with a sweet smile on my face and deal with it. It's all good in the end!

Thanks again. Enjoy your time there and soak a sunset view for me!

Cindy

Boston...
Destination Expert
for St. Thomas, East End
Level Contributor
4,079 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Sapphire Beach Resort Marina usage fees?

JLT

Unfortunately am not at Sapphire but up north doing yard work. BUT keeping with the Boston tradition will have some "ice Tea" and toast your detective work.

Cindy

Sorry for the misinformation but owners were never notified of the fees.

Mentioned in this post
Boston
Boston
Massachusetts
Charleston, South...
Level Contributor
22 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Sapphire Beach Resort Marina usage fees?

Bill,

That's okay. Don't worry about it. You were just passing along the information that you had at the time. I probably should not have gotten irritated thinking that I was possibly being mislead and just done a little bit of better investigating on my part. Lesson learned.

Cindy

Virginia
Level Contributor
2,466 posts
191 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Sapphire Beach Resort Marina usage fees?

Bill,

Please drop by my house and do my yard work while I am here and do your tea.

10. Re: Sapphire Beach Resort Marina usage fees?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:21 am, September 17, 2014