We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Pinball on the island?

Escondido...
Level Contributor
143 posts
211 reviews
Save Topic
Pinball on the island?

Hi all. We'll be on St. Thomas in May and wonder if anyone knows of any bars or arcades that might have pinball games on site? Help appreciated!

Boston...
Destination Expert
for St. Thomas, East End
Level Contributor
3,987 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Pinball on the island?

If you are looking for an arcade for children then there isn't much available. Sugar Bay might have something but it used to be just for guests staying there

If you are looking for adult gambling VLT's then they are all over the island

Escondido...
Level Contributor
143 posts
211 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Pinball on the island?

Thanks. Actually looking specifically for pinball machines, not gambling. I heard there were a couple about 10 years ago, but checking to see if anyone has run across any games in local bars, etc. The husband loves pinball and I always try to track down a place that has one or more to take him to whenever we're traveling. Sometimes you find an actual arcade and other times, a bar might have one in the back. Small islands are the hardest to find one, but you never know until you ask! =)

St Thomas, VI
Level Contributor
8,041 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Pinball on the island?

There's some kind of old school machine at Pizza Amore across from Havensight. The movie theater has a game room, but I only see kids in there, and not sure what all is in there. I also think that KC Movies at Four Winds had or has some kind of video game consoles.

St Thomas
Destination Expert
for St. Thomas
Level Contributor
14,973 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Pinball on the island?

I wouldn't bank on finding any left here. There used to be a couple still standing many years ago but they never were a big thing and, as Bill said, spare space has now been filled by money-sucking VLTs!

Long Valley, New...
Level Contributor
1,087 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Pinball on the island?

I'm no positive, but I might remember seeing some arcade games in the back at Sib's on the Mountain a few years ago? (maybe they were video slots?) Definitely remember seeing a pool table. Regardless, a great local bar to hang out for few, and the ribs are excellent.

Escondido...
Level Contributor
143 posts
211 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Pinball on the island?

Thanks all! Appreciate all of the info. We'll probably peek into Pizza AMore & Sib's... just in case =)

Escondido...
Level Contributor
143 posts
211 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Pinball on the island?

Just to update in case anyone else every asks this crazy question.... YES! There is pinball on St. Thomas. Our understanding is that Sib's has a Godzilla machine, but they were closed the day we drove by, so can't confirm it. BUT, Betsy's bar in Frenchtown has a Monster Bash pinball machine that is in really decent condition. It's missing the Frankenstein toy, but otherwise, we had a great time playing it!

Not to mention that Betsy and her staff are super friendly... a great quality in a bar when on vacation!!! they also have good drinks, serve food, have pool, foosball, and gambling on site!. Highly recommend this place whether you're looking for pinball or not.

Oh, but if you do play the Monster Bash... DMS on the high score, that's my husband =)

St. Thomas
Level Contributor
4,286 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Pinball on the island?

Sibs hours are 4pm --4Am - they do have a pinball machine.

Long Valley, New...
Level Contributor
1,087 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Pinball on the island?

Thanks for the confimation of a pinball machine at Sib's (as I thought in my first reply above), so at least I know I wasn't crazy (or too many rum and tonics LOL). Too funny that Besty's Bar has Monster Bash - never been there, but coincidentally, Monster Bash is the only pinball machine I own at home (in my basement).

St Thomas, VI
Level Contributor
8,041 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Pinball on the island?

Thanks for the update. Now I'm wondering if there are any near Red Hook?