We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Affordable accomodation in October/November

Surrey, Canada
Level Contributor
43 posts
44 reviews
Save Topic
Affordable accomodation in October/November

We are looking for self-catering accomodation for my husband and myself. We plan on staying for 2-3 weeks,October or November and would like to be on or near the beach. I know champagne taste on a beer budget. If anything like this exists I know this is the place to find it. Does not have to be fancy, just clean. thanks for all the help

Schaumburg, IL
Level Contributor
792 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Affordable accomodation in October/November

What do you consider to be affordable? Do you have a nightly or weekly budget that you are trying to stay at?

St Thomas
Destination Expert
for St. Thomas
Level Contributor
14,217 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Affordable accomodation in October/November

Check condo rentals on www.vrbo.com at Sapphire, Crystal Cove and Elysian in that order. Sapphire and Crystal Cove are both on beautiful Sapphire Beach and if you check the off season rates you can probably find something to suit your budget.

Hurley, New York
Level Contributor
1,989 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Affordable accomodation in October/November

You will probably save some $ by also checking "Sapphire Village", which is almost on Sapphire Beach.

Also you may get a better deal if you come before the hurricane season ends in early November.

VRBO now lists Sapphire Bay Condominiums West as "Crystal Cove at Sapphire Bay West. It's the same condominium as is commonly called "Crystal Cove".

At any of the condos "on" Sapphire Beach (and probably the Elysian) do as STTR says and rent DIRECTLY from an owner via VRBO, HomeAway, or the owner's private website. Avoid "third parties". Look for a unit that has a bunch of favorable reviews on the Listing and or TripAdvisor.

Steve

Edited: 2:02 pm, February 27, 2013
Surrey, Canada
Level Contributor
43 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Affordable accomodation in October/November

Just wanted to say thank you for all the info - I think we have found a place, now just have to figure out dates etc.

5. Re: Affordable accomodation in October/November

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:17 am, March 05, 2014