We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

First Time...Leaving Saturday :) !

Maryland
Level Contributor
814 posts
75 reviews
Save Topic
First Time...Leaving Saturday :) !

My husband and I have traveled to various islands, however this will be our first trip to the USVI's. Staying on Sapphire Beach for 9 days.

Arranged for r/t airport transfer with co. that includes stop at a store.

Taking the day sail to St. John for snorkeling. BVI day trip. Sunset dinner sail.

I enjoy wine. Should I bring a decent boxed wine (for convenience) or is it easy to find at the store and not twice the price? What kind of beer can we find at the store?

Any suggestions on where to eat, things to see, etc. We will not be renting a car. We want to mix chill time with seeing the area.

Thanks for the help.

Pia
St John, VI
Destination Expert
for St. John
Level Contributor
4,639 posts
1 review
Save Reply
11. Re: First Time...Leaving Saturday :) !

STTResident - we stopped in at MM to buy a sandwich last week (during our monthlySTT CUL, Home Depot etc runs)as we had just missed the car ferry back to STJ - hubby went in and when he came back out he said it looks like they won't be in business much longer - empty shelves, no one at the meat counter, empty coolers etc - such a shame but hopefully they were just waiting on a container after the holiday rush.

Pia

ps: the sandwich was BAD :(

St Thomas
Destination Expert
for St. Thomas
Level Contributor
14,021 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: First Time...Leaving Saturday :) !

Pia, thanks for confirming!

Audthang - responded to your PM and hope that helps!

Charlottesville
8 posts
Save Reply
13. Re: First Time...Leaving Saturday :) !

Hello Audthang !

I hope you had a great trip to STT. I'm going in May and wonder how was your experience with Mr. Lettsome? Were his prices reasonable?

Thank you,

Kelly

14. Re: First Time...Leaving Saturday :) !

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:15 am, March 06, 2014