We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Unique Wedding Planning

Charleston, SC
4 posts
Save Topic
Unique Wedding Planning

I'm looking for information on planning a unique wedding in St. Thomas. Maybe an out-of-the-way chapel or a villa rental for ceremony/small reception? I'm not sure that I want to have it at one of the hotels, am looking for something different. Any ideas/experiences would be most appreciated.

Raleigh NC
3 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Unique Wedding Planning

I am getting married there in April 05 and luckily found the Greatest Wedding Planner! Cheryl Toner www.viweddings.com. She knows everthing (was previously the wedding planner for the Ritz) and she has made planning a destination wedding SIMPLE! I know my guests will have an experience like no other adn that my new life will have a start that is uniquely ours. No cookie cutter events for me!

Good luck!

columbus ohio
4 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Unique Wedding Planning

My friend Eric is a photographer there and I am sure he will have many ideas for you. Here is his web page.

http://www.paradisepictures.vi/index.php

wisconsin
6 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Unique Wedding Planning

I am getting married there on June 21, 2005. We are chartering our own private 65' boat from new horizons and our photographer and minister are coming on board for our ceremony. I met the minister when we were staying at Bluebeards Beach Club. He is so much fun. He gave us the idea for the sailing wedding. Check out their website at www.islandweddingservices.com (his name is Jeff Moore). Also, Hollis, the owner of New Horizons, is fantastic. We booked the charter through her. We leave Sapphire Beach Marina at 9am and return at 4pm. Price includes breakfast, lunch, unlimited open bar, hors doeuvres and they have a changing room on board along with snorkel equipment for our guests. Talk about the ultimate deal, we get a private ceremony and reception! We have 20 people coming with us, the boat holds 37 guests, you have to pay for a min. of 20. The website for new horizons is www.newhorizonsvi.com. We can't wait! I think it will be a wedding everyone will remember!!!

Level Contributor
14 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Unique Wedding Planning

Sorry for the late post, but villa rentals are very nice and personable. I've opted for that instead of the formal hotel wedding. There are several ministers that will travel to your location and perform a ceremony. Check out caribbeanway, they have great villa rentals.

wisconsin
Level Contributor
748 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Unique Wedding Planning

Hey Sharon from Wisconsin!!!

Tell Jeff Pam says HI!!

He did our wedding vows for our 25yr. ann. last year at Sapphire!

He is SOO much fun!!

We met him thru another forum friend last year, & he graciously said he would do our vows for us last min.!

mob
MI
4 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Unique Wedding Planning

how are your plans going? when are you getting married? my daughter is looking for the same sort of thing for May 06, so any info you can share would be greatly appreciated. mob