We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Traveling with 16 year old boys..questions on fun and hotel

Baton Rouge, La.
3 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Traveling with 16 year old boys..questions on fun and hotel

Headed to St. Thomas for Easter(april) of next year with teenage boys....looking to stay busy......

1.any ideas on fun and adventurous things to do with them?

2. Would you stay at Marriott Frenchmens Reef or the Ritz club condos?

3. neat/fun/scenic restaurants that they would like?

Thanks so much!

Charlotte Amalie...
Level Contributor
676 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Traveling with 16 year old boys..questions on fun and hotel

As many times that I have seen this question asked I can say the answer is not to worry, they will probably be at the beach every waking hour!

RL

St Thomas
Destination Expert
for St. Thomas
Level Contributor
14,230 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Traveling with 16 year old boys..questions on fun and hotel

Regarding your choice of Marriott FR versus Ritz condos, I'd choose the Ritz. Having a condo with your own kitchen will save you a lot of money particularly with hungry teenagers to feed. And the Ritz on the East end of the island is close to the best beaches on St Thomas (Coki, Sapphire, Smith Bay Park, Secret Harbour) as well as very close to Red Hook with its many and varied restaurants, the ferry terminal for day trips to St John and the BVI and a variety of day charter boats.

St Thomas, VI
Destination Expert
for St. Thomas
Level Contributor
7,511 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Traveling with 16 year old boys..questions on fun and hotel

The boys will want to jet ski, and I know they have a good jet ski tour at the Reef. They also have a cool night kayak excursion that I don't think is offered elsewhere.

If you stay at Frenchman.'s Cove, those units have kitchens.

Marriott beach also known for skimboarding.

If you Google underwater scooters and power snorkeling st Thomas, you'll find more active ideas that the resorts may not offer.

Olathe, Kansas
Level Contributor
310 posts
147 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Traveling with 16 year old boys..questions on fun and hotel

One thing I would add, having stayed at both, is I believe the Marriott would be more kid friendly. I didn't see many kids that age at the Ritz, but there were many at the Marriott.

On suggestion for activities is the new zip line tour they have. I have not looked into age restrictions, etc., but I can't think of a lot of things more exhilarating than taking a zip line.

5. Re: Traveling with 16 year old boys..questions on fun and hotel

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:13 pm, October 21, 2012
Ohio
Level Contributor
2,104 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Traveling with 16 year old boys..questions on fun and hotel

We watched a couple of teens play with something like this, on one trip: www.youtube.com/watch…

I think there are several brands of this type ball. Waboba might be one. You could google it to find a good price. I always thought that if we ever take the kids, I'd bring one of these with, cause it looked like so much fun!

Washington DC...
Destination Expert
for St. Thomas
Level Contributor
3,164 posts
168 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Traveling with 16 year old boys..questions on fun and hotel

The Ritz beaches are by far the best of the two in my opinion. There are two beaches at the Ritz and they both have pretty good snorkeling and there are lots of water toys from kayaks, Hobie Cats, etc. You're also very close to Red Hook at the Ritz and in five minutes can be to the ferry dock to go to St. John, which you should do by all means. There's great snorkeling and beautiful beaches.

The condos are very nice, all with great views, and nice pools. The infinity pool at the main hotel is one of the nicest in the islands. We have gone several times with teens and now young 20-somethings and the Ritz is their favorite.

Wausau, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
79 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Traveling with 16 year old boys..questions on fun and hotel

You can go on a sail with snorkeling or parasailing as well.

Ontario, Canada
Level Contributor
1,521 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Traveling with 16 year old boys..questions on fun and hotel

Stayed at Mariott Frenchman Cove this past summer with three 15 year old boys....the best thing that happened was meeting three 15 year old girls.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
800 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Traveling with 16 year old boys..questions on fun and hotel

Have you checked out the Ritz - Carlton Club offering? From what I understand among other services they provide you with food throughout the day starting with breakfast and extending into snacks all day. Might not be a bad thing with a bunch of teenage boys.

Also, it's a nice resort.