We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Going to St. homas solo in April, any tips what to do etc..

Dallas
7 posts
Save Topic
Going to St. homas solo in April, any tips what to do etc..

Hello, I am going to St Thomas,(1st time) as a solo traveler, I can use all the tips give. I am not a partier(I know the carnival is during teh time i'll be there) I just want to shop, go the beach, relax things like that. I know I want take some day trips and a ferry to the other islands. Can you please give me pointers, what to do, eat, and info re: ferries to st. john or st. croix.

Thankyou

DeDe :-)

Hampton Roads, VA
Level Contributor
1,266 posts
128 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Going to St. homas solo in April, any tips what to do etc..

Take a good book and visit all the of beaches. Make sure that you spend a day in St. John. While there, visit a few of the beaches and some of the ruins. You will find an abundance of places to eat that cater to all tastes. On Wednesday nights (I think), Paradise Point has a locals night with a band and 2 for 1 drinks. I know you said that you are not a big partier but this would be a good place to find out some lesser known fun things to do, places to go.

Syracuse, NY
Level Contributor
12 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Going to St. homas solo in April, any tips what to do etc..

I agree with the previous post. My husband and I just got back and we also enjoyed spending a few hours at the Mountain Top around lunchtime. We also went to Coral World for about an hour. It's a bit pricey but we got there right when it opened and were able to see everything without the crowd. Also, spend a morning or afternoon in Charlotte Amalie shopping for souvenirs. Paradise Point was having a wine tasting the Friday we left so be on the lookout for cool things to do there. Paradise point is only worth the trip if there's something going on at the top (as mentioned in the previous post).

We also took our rental car over to st. johns for the day. You can go to annaberg plantation there and the beaches there are stunning.

C C
Level Contributor
253 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Going to St. homas solo in April, any tips what to do etc..

Check on Limnos Charters - they leave St Thomas and do a day trip to the British Virgin Island of Virgin Gorda to see the Baths and then stop by Norman Caves to snorkel. The price was $90 + $20 for customs and included breakfast breads, lunch, afternoon snacks and open bar. It should be great for a single traveler because you go as a group. Definaltly do not miss taking the 15 minute ferry ride to St John for the day. Also on St Thomas is Meagans Bay and Coki Beach. The shopping in great in downtown St Thomas. Also someone offers a day sail from St Thomas if you did not want to get your passport for the BVI. Have fun!