We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Jewelry stores, St Thomas, USVI.

Brumley,Mo
Level Contributor
22 posts
17 reviews
Save Topic
Jewelry stores, St Thomas, USVI.

Eden Jewelers in St. Thomas. great place to shop. Very upfront with information and pricing. When they didn't have exactly what I was looking for she gave me suggestions for other places I might look. Tiara was very friendly and helpful

Tulsa, Oklahoma
1 post
Save Reply
11. Re: Jewelry stores, St Thomas, USVI.

Eden Jewelers - The real pirates of St. Thomas. Learn from my mistake! I recently spent over $2000 on jewelery at Eden Jewelers. Sunil (I believe the son) seemed very knowledgeable and talked much about customer satisfaction. I purchased, among other things, a blue and white diamond bracelet (nearly half of the $2000). I had it less than 6 hours and one of the diamond "x"s fell off. Fortunately I was back at my condo and felt it sticking to the back of my leg in a chair.

I returned the next day (less than 24 hours from purchase) and they would not refund my money. They would gladly "fix" it, but I was concerned that since this happened so immediately after purchase it could be problematic and I would never have the confidence to wear it.

Sure enough, on the receipt it said ALL SALES FINAL - returns with receipt would include a 15% restocking fee. But he would not agree to refund the cost of the defective bracelet.

As I talked with other local jewelry shops, some shook their heads, others were surprised that they were so unwilling to do right by me. One jeweler said he thought if the father were there he would have made it right.

We have bought tens of thousands of dollars worth of jewelry in the Caribbean over the years and have returned to quality, trustworthy jewelers time and again. This was an impulse buy, and I should have known better. The stories are true about disreputable jewelers out there...and Eden Jewelers in St. Thomas is one them.

Peterborough, Canada
1 post
Save Reply
12. Re: Jewelry stores, St Thomas, USVI.

I guess opinions vary.Our experiences with Bella Jewelers has been just the opposite. We have purchased several pieces of jewelery from them. The appraisals, including professional ones, have all been far above what we paid. The service was excellent and they even allowed us to watch as a craftsman remounted the new diamond on my wife's old ring. Not only that, but they took her old diamond, put it in a case as an amulet and gave her a gold chain to make a lovely necklace. They guarenteed that they would give us full value if we decided to upgrade and when we did; they followed through with no hassles. We have recommended them to several friends and they have all been satisfied.

Sterling Heights...
1 post
Save Reply
13. Re: Jewelry stores, St Thomas, USVI.

Alpha Jewelers of St Thomas

Marie and Gary Laurie

On our last vacation we purchased jewelery at your shop in St. Thomas and were very pleased at the appraisal we received here in the states. We will certainly send our friends and family,and return to Alpha's shop ourselves.

Thank You,Marie

14. Re: Jewelry stores, St Thomas, USVI.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 7:05 am, December 21, 2012
Boston...
Level Contributor
2 posts
105 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Jewelry stores, St Thomas, USVI.

I am in TOTAL agreement with you regarding EDEN JEWELERS, located at 5126 Drake's Passage not far from Havensight. We wouldn't go anywhere else. Sunil and Kanchan, owners, are so wonderful to deal with and you can upgrade by trading-in year after year.

Level Contributor
117 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: Jewelry stores, St Thomas, USVI.

I am interested in purchasing a good diamond bracelet in St Thomas. Is the downtown Diamonds International store reputable? On previous visits to the island, purchased diamond jewelry at the downtown Kardow store, but last time we stopped by, their inventory was slim. Any other reputable stores to purchase good diamond jewelry?

St. Thomas
Level Contributor
5 posts
112 reviews
Save Reply
17. Re: Jewelry stores, St Thomas, USVI.

For my money it’s got to be House of Rajah. George and his team are always so accommodating and helpful. In fact I was in the store the other day and within 40 minutes three different couples or groups came in and make statements regarding the fact that they had been buying jewelry there for years. One group had been buying from George for 20 years. An another couple cane in and show everyone their wedding rings there 10 years. And every person was very happy. That tells me a lot… I’ll keep on going and buying from House of Rajah… the best jewelry store on St Thomas.

Cape May, New Jersey
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
18. Re: Jewelry stores, St Thomas, USVI.

Me and my wife have been vacationing in St Thomas for 15 years.We stumbled across a very nice family owned jewelery stoure called MAYA on the side street.we upgradedour diamond and are very satisfied.I would recommend you stop in before purchasing anywhere let them know what you are looking for and the prices.because they are family operated they will probably accomadate you.It doesnt hurt to get prices.5 star in my book and 15 years exprience shopping.

Boston...
Level Contributor
2 posts
105 reviews
Save Reply
19. Re: Jewelry stores, St Thomas, USVI.

Hi, Your trip to the island may have happened already but for future reference, the most reputable jeweler on St. Thomas has to be EDEN JEWELERS, 5126 Drake's Passage, Suite 10.

Sunil & Kanchan Idnani, the owners, are very helpful and honest when it comes to meeting your needs. As retailers, they will, and do, show you other great pieces they think you will like. We have been vacationing on St Thomas for years and get the best trade-in values and deals whenever we go.

Free water or beer while you shop.

On our most recent visit January 2013, they were hopeful in adding a second location on St. Thomas, I believe on Main Street. So, if you go, check out their store at Drake's Passage - a little place tucked down a sidewalk lined with stores that runs from the ocean to Main Street. Very safe.

Phone: 340-777-3366

edenjewelers@gmail.com

Tell them Cindi & Paul, from Boston, sent you!

Orange County...
Level Contributor
1 post
3 reviews
Save Reply
20. Re: Jewelry stores, St Thomas, USVI.

What jewelry store do you recommend to buy a loose diamond?

Get answers to your questions about St. Thomas