We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Zip line on St Thomas?

Minneapolis...
1 post
1 review
Save Topic
Zip line on St Thomas?

I heard their is a new zip line on St Thomas. Is this true? Where can I find more information about it?

Boston...
Destination Expert
for St. Thomas, East End
Level Contributor
3,761 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Zip line on St Thomas?

It isn't operating yet. I believe it will be at or near Mountain Top

A new ice slide....ICE opened this week believe it or not

Bring mittens and hats!

You gotta love a tropic island iwith ice sculptures and an ice slide

Stay tuned for a ski resort

I am only kidding about the ski resort the rest is true

St Thomas, VI
Destination Expert
for St. Thomas
Level Contributor
7,511 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Zip line on St Thomas?

It's supposed to open in April of this year, so hopefully it'll be open before the summer is over. Whatever "information" you may find out, other than its location, is probably speculation as opposed to information.

We'll keep you posted!

St. Thomas
Level Contributor
4,182 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Zip line on St Thomas?

I don't think it will be at Mt. Top as that is a fairly small piece of property -- more likely the St Peter Mt Great House will be zipline location but I haven't seen any permits -- if that matters.

New Jersey
Level Contributor
1 post
12 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Zip line on St Thomas?

I just called there and they are not opening until June.

St Thomas, VI
Destination Expert
for St. Thomas
Level Contributor
7,511 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Zip line on St Thomas?

Let's hope they open in June! I'm really looking forward to doing some zipping.

Long Valley, New...
Level Contributor
919 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Zip line on St Thomas?

We had gotten to know someone at Jewels in Mongoose Junction while shopping there in November 2010. Whe we went back to say hi to Drew this past December 2011 we were unfortunately told he no longer worked there. Several days later, completely coincidentally, we recognized him while dining at Ocean Grill. What does this have to do with ziplines you are probably asking right about now! Well, Drew (who lives on St Thomas) told us that he had left Jewels and was managing the start-up of a zipline in St Thomas..... very exciting for sure. I don't recall exactly where he said it was located or how soon it was opening, but Drew is a really nice guy and hope he has great success getting this started.

k n
port jefferson...
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Zip line on St Thomas?

I am in St. Thomas now, April 12,2012 and there is an add in the local tourist magazine for Zipline in St. Thomas. However, when I went to the website they listed, it was not there. In the ad they advertise coming early spring 2012. However, I do not believe it is running yet. It may be like everything else here, things get done on island time! Perhaps they will have one by the fall! The website is: www.ziplinestthomas.com.

Their phone # is 340-777-9477.

Good Luck!

St. Thomas
Level Contributor
68 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Zip line on St Thomas?

Localsailor, you are correct, the zipline is going to be built at the Greathouse.

Windham, New York...
1 post
Save Reply
9. Re: Zip line on St Thomas?

Yes They are OPEN! WooHoo!! Call to make a reservation 340-777-ZIPS (9477) ... Tree Limin' Extreme is the name of the business and they are located at the top of St. Peter Mountain Road (Rt 40) across from the Great House.

Six Ziplines, Two Sky walks and the best views on the island! Their tours are approximately two hours long and they are lead by two professionally trained tour guides. The guides set you up and slow you down, all you have to do is enjoy the ride! So much fun! Highly recommended.

Coconut Creek...
1 post
Save Reply
10. Re: Zip line on St Thomas?

My husband & I went to Tree Liming' yesterday. We're on our honeymoon & zip lining was the one thing I wanted to do on our trip. This tour is fantastic. The guides' top priority was our safety. They were very focused on ensuring our well being. All of the staff were friendly & met every accommodation as possible. We had a great time & would do it again.

Recommendations: eat beforehand & be sure to bring water & sunscreen.