We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ritz vs Westin

Falls City
Level Contributor
105 posts
35 reviews
Save Topic
Ritz vs Westin

Please help decide between Ritz on St. Thomas and The Westin on St John. Husband and wife with 14 year old daughter. Thanks and God Bless

Hampton Roads, VA
Level Contributor
1,271 posts
145 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Ritz vs Westin

Depends which island that you would rather be on. The Ritz is very classy and beautiful but so is the Westin. I think your daughter would prefer the Westin, more kids and more to do. St. John is also a whole different world than STT. Much more unspoiled.

Jacksonville...
Level Contributor
26 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Ritz vs Westin

More outdoor breeze at the Ritz, and a better beach and views. I would expect it to be a lot pricier than the Westin.

3. Re: Ritz vs Westin

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post either because the author requested it, or because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:59 pm, April 24, 2006
Parker, Colorado
Destination Expert
for St. John
Level Contributor
1,042 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Ritz vs Westin

To put it bluntly, and this is only my humble opinion, this Ritz is a superior hotel, but St. John is is superior island experience.

Scroll back a ways. The more you read, the clearer things become. The people who contribute to these forums come from very diverse back grounds and life styles. Thus, their opinions are colored by that. But, the more you read, the more you find little tidbits which stick with you and help you understand, from your own point of view, what each place has in terms of strengths and weaknesses.

Hope that makes sense. For me, STJ is the place to go, and not once have I met anyone who had anything negative to say about the place. Others prefer STT. Thank goodness they're only a short ferry ride away from eachother. We first stayed on STT and daytripped to STJ. For us STJ was IT!!!

5. Re: Ritz vs Westin

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post at the original author's request.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:30 pm, September 24, 2016