We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Saphire Beach Village Resort?

Orlando
6 posts
Save Topic
Saphire Beach Village Resort?

I had a couple of questions about the 2 resorts, Saphire Beach Resort and Marina and Saphire Villages? Whats the main difference b/w the two? Is the cheaper one (the Villages) worth the less cost? My fiance and I are planning our honeymoon there but can only spend 2-3 nights. We are also on a very small budget. Will the Saphire Beach Villages be ok? We basically just want a hotel on the beach with a bar and maybe some nightlife. Also, has anyone done the Atlantis Adventures St. John Champange Sailing/snorkeling 1/2 day trip? Just wanted some advice on that before booking...you know how things online can sometimes be totally not what you were expecting!

Boston...
Destination Expert
for St. Thomas, East End
Level Contributor
3,760 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Saphire Beach Village Resort?

I have not done the trips you mentioned so can't comment on them.

The Village is the cheaper of the two resorts. It is located on a hill overlooking the marina at Sapphire Beach. The units are older and are individually owed. Some have been completely renovated and others have not. Some are studios and others are one bedroom. The view will depend on which building you are in. It is a 5 to 10 minute walk down to Sapphire Beach and an uphill walk on the way back. There is currently a restaurant and bar there but it is closing in July (I think). They usually do not have entertainment.

Sapphire Beach Resort and Marina is located ON the beach and most of the units have a spectacular view. The units are also individually owned and some are in better shape than others. There are two restaurants there and most nights there is entertainment.

Guests get complimentary beach towels, lounges, floats and snorkel gear. It is more expensive than the village and has suites and villas.

I would say that Sapphire Beach is the nicer resort and better location, but on a limited budget and for a short stay the Village would be fine if you don't mind the walk.

US
Level Contributor
322 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Saphire Beach Village Resort?

Just a thought -- I had friends who stayed at Emerald Beach, right by the airport and they thought it was great. Not expensive and you're right on the beach. They said they'd return. I have no idea what the price is compared to Sapphire Village. But you might as well check!

If you're flying in, you'll already save $$ to put towards better things by being 2 minutes away from the airport.

We did Atlantis. It was OK. You never know when critters will be out. But it's cool being on a sub.

Did a day sail with Alexander Hamilton (no longer there) and it was great. Most of the day sails are good. They have to be! there's competition.

Have fun!

Pinkcat

Hampton Roads, VA
Level Contributor
1,266 posts
128 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Saphire Beach Village Resort?

I don't think I am supposed to tell this but you really can get a better deal at Sapphire Beach Resort if you try to bargain on the phone. Not with the reservations people, but the front desk. Just tell them that you are considering staying somewhere else and are trying to make the decision. Mention that you are on a budget and know people who stay there all the time and get a good rate. We usually get a villa for $125 per night and we have friends that stay for 3 weeks at a time for $500 a week. Just be really nice. It IS a very nice resort.

Boston...
Destination Expert
for St. Thomas, East End
Level Contributor
3,760 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Saphire Beach Village Resort?

VIadict

What time of year do you usually stay at Sapphire?

Hampton Roads, VA
Level Contributor
1,266 posts
128 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Saphire Beach Village Resort?

Bill,

June-August, the past 3 years it has been over 4th of July. I know it's off-season and that may be why but they are usually full on the 4th.