We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

agave terrace restaurant

Auburn, AL
Level Contributor
8 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
agave terrace restaurant

I will be honeymooning in St Thomas in July and I want to have a nice meal with my new wife on the last night of our trip. I was planning on making reservations at Agave Terrace, since we are staying on the east end of the island anyway, but I have read a few posts that suggest that Agave Terrace has gone downhill recently. Should I stick with Agave Terrace for a nice seafood dinner, or would you recommend a different restaurant with great seafood?

US
Level Contributor
322 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: agave terrace restaurant

Agave's OK. There's a really good view from it; so go before sunset for that part of the experience.

I prefer Off The Hook in Red Hook, though. It's on the marina, so you can stroll around among the boats, and it is far, far less touristy than Agave. It's quieter, too.

Pinkcat

New Jersey
Level Contributor
183 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: agave terrace restaurant

The Agave use to be our favorite restaurant. The last two years it was just "OK". Very disappointed since it was always top notch.

Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
84 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: agave terrace restaurant

The Old Stone Farmhouse is the best restaurant on St Thomas (my opinion) and my favorite restaurant in the world. Oceana has great ambiance as it is right on the water in frenchtown and the food is awesome. Craig and Sallys in frenchtown has a different menu everyday and quite a wine collection if you're a wine snob. Mim's is also on the water and has a couple lobster dishes that are fantastic, off the hook is pretty good, there are several good restaurants in cruz bay if you want to ferry over there for dinner (we do frequently), like the fish trap, stone terrace, lime inn, banana deck, etc. There aren't too many places that won't have any seafood for sure.

enjoy!!

New Jersey
Level Contributor
183 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: agave terrace restaurant

Go to the Agave for dessert ....Love the snowballs!

Auburn, AL
Level Contributor
8 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: agave terrace restaurant

Thanks for all of the great suggestions! We will be dining on St. John's at least once, maybe more, since we are arriving on July 2nd -- right in the middle of St. John's Carnival. It should be a great experience.

Hampton Roads, VA
Level Contributor
1,266 posts
124 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: agave terrace restaurant

My vote is for Oceana for a romantic dinner. The atmosphere just seems more romantic than some of the others mentioned and the food is great. It is at Villa Olga in Frenchtown, right on the water.

US
Level Contributor
322 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: agave terrace restaurant

Yeah, but Frenchtown is so far from the East End!

Pink cat