We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

St. Thomas webcams

NJ
Level Contributor
241 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
St. Thomas webcams

This came up in another forum thread, but I think it deserves its own topic. What are some of the better webcams of St. Thomas/St. John? For starters, I like these:

paradisepointtramway.com/webcam/webcam.html

http://www.sapphireinthesun.com/

Anyone have others to suggest? Have pity on those of us stuck in the snowy, cold north!

.sioda

Columbus, Ohio
Level Contributor
605 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: St. Thomas webcams

My personal favorite:

www.caribbean-on-line.com/caribbean-web-cams/

There are lots to choose from. :)

I've been stalking this site daily. In particular today as it's 16 whopping degrees in Ohio. I am counting down the days until I can be in the pictures instead of just looking at them - 176 days. :)

Edited: 2:10 pm, January 17, 2011
New Jersey
Level Contributor
616 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: St. Thomas webcams

Oh dear lord! I LOVE the Sapphire one, what a great find! Ill be right there in March and now I get to look at it every day!

NJ
Level Contributor
241 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: St. Thomas webcams

The Sapphire webcam link was actually posted by BeautifulBill on another thread. I had been looking for good webcam images ( a lot of tiny and grainy) so thought it worth a topic on it's own :)

I envy you going in March - I won't be down for at least a year :(

Greetings from the Ice Planet Hoth (aka Monmouth County, NJ)

.sioda.

New Jersey
Level Contributor
616 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: St. Thomas webcams

I too am on planet Hoth, only in Morris County. Were getting snow/rain tonight. My wife constantly asks me "Why do we live here again?"

Virginia
Level Contributor
2,271 posts
175 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: St. Thomas webcams

I took a screen shot of my daughter last week while she stood alongside the volleyball net at Sapphire talking to me in the states on her cell.

Very cool!

Minnesota
Level Contributor
164 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: St. Thomas webcams

Thank you for posting these!!!!! We will be there in March and since the current weather here is 8 degrees (but feels like -5) these are a welcome distraction from the typically coldest week of the year.

Dallas
Level Contributor
27 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: St. Thomas webcams

I've got a webcam for you that is the essence of the Caribbean.

It's the Soggy Dollar Bar webcam, complete with continuous waves crashing on the shore. Their webcam is up and active from 7am to 4pm CST. It provides an awesome view of the ocean with all kinds of catamarans and sailboats in the background of White Bay on Jost Van Dyke. I use this website as my screensaver at work. Just hearing the ocean waves makes me think I'm back in the islands.

Cheers !

http://www.soggydollar.com/

Norwalk, Ohio
Level Contributor
36 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: St. Thomas webcams

www.stjohnspicecam.com

is my favorite

9. Re: St. Thomas webcams

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:35 am, January 22, 2012