We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Whcih hotels are within walking distance to Red Hook?

NJ
Level Contributor
3 posts
23 reviews
Save Topic
Whcih hotels are within walking distance to Red Hook?

My husband and I want to go to St. Thomas and Red Hook is said by other posters to be fun for nightlife. I'd prefer not to drive or have to spend $ on taxis every night, are there any hotels within walking distance? And are they nice?

Hampton Roads, VA
Level Contributor
1,266 posts
128 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Whcih hotels are within walking distance to Red Hook?

Sapphire Beach Resort, Sapphire Village Condos, Crystal Cove are all within walking distance. We stay at Sapphire Beach Resort and find it comfortable. There are some bad reviews on the forum about it but most of those people stayed in the Antilles section. If you decide to stay there, book thru the resort, not Antilles. The beach is awesome and it is very close to Red Hook. They have a website: sapphirebeachresort.com.

Point pleasant and Pavilions and Pools are also close but a little farther walk.

Parker, Colorado
Destination Expert
for St. John
Level Contributor
1,038 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Whcih hotels are within walking distance to Red Hook?

Yes, those resorts are within walking distance, but the roads are narrow and winding. I, personally, would not want to walk them, particularly after dark. When we were there last week, our taxi was taking us to Redhook, rounded a corner and nearly hit a cow!!! (The bovine kind, not the fat human kind;-)) BUT, I'm kind of faint hearted about such things, so........

US
Level Contributor
322 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Whcih hotels are within walking distance to Red Hook?

I would not recommend walking. Take a taxi.

pinkcat

detroit, MI
Level Contributor
57 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Whcih hotels are within walking distance to Red Hook?

I stayed in the red hook area and we did not feel any resort was safely walkable. None are really very close and the roads are really scary. Rent a car, the cab fare will drain you.