We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Restuarants close to the Frenchman's

Tampa
5 posts
Save Topic
Restuarants close to the Frenchman's

Can anyone reccomend a nice restaurant close to the Marriott for a wedding reception? Thank you! :)

Bellingham...
Level Contributor
134 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Restuarants close to the Frenchman's

Hello,

I'm getting married at the Frenchman's in March. We are having our reception at the Havana Blue at the MorningStar. They are independantly owned and less expensive than if you had your reception at the Marriott. The place looks gorgeous. I'm not sure if there are any restaurants within walking distance of the Marriott other than the ones on the property.

Tampa
5 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Restuarants close to the Frenchman's

butterfly;

can u email me? JENNIFERW90@YAOO DOT COM? I'd love to chat with you!

Tampa
5 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Restuarants close to the Frenchman's

that's yahoo.com sorry

Bellingham...
Level Contributor
134 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Restuarants close to the Frenchman's

I'm usually only on this site while at work and I can't access my personal email at work but I'll try to remember to email you over the weekend. Let me know if you have any specific ?s. I'm getting into the nitty-gritty of the planning right now.

Maryland
Level Contributor
16 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Restuarants close to the Frenchman's

I'm planning to get married at the Marriott this June and I want to have a wedding dinner at Havana Blue as well. I have tons of questions about the Marriott coordinators. Which one should I contact? And what costs are associated with the wedding? I did see one site with costs but I didn't see anything on the Marriott site.

Bellingham...
Level Contributor
134 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Restuarants close to the Frenchman's

I think all the Marriott packages are on the site www.weddingsinparadise.vi. The cheapest package is $750 for the basics - coordinator, site, clergy. You can add other services to any package. They have vendors for flowers, photography, music, etc. They assign a coordinator to you once you book a package. My original coordinator left and I have been assigned a new one but have not really had much contact yet. Let me know if you have other ?s, I know I wish I had someone who could have answered ?s for me while going through this process.

Alisa

Maryland
Level Contributor
16 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Restuarants close to the Frenchman's

Thanks for your reply, I did find the weddings in paradise site and it pretty much answered everything except the costs of the Marriott dinner. I left a message on the WIP voicemail yesterday but I'm thinking I should fill out the info on their site..any tips on that? Once I get my date set I plan to contact Havan Blue for the dinner. I found a website that had a nice picure of th eplace as well as their menu. They also have a private dining room. I'm not sure if they will be cheaper of the marriott. I really just want a nice dinner for about 20 people with a nice view of the water, no dj, no dance floor, etc...If you can offer any other advice I would really appreciate it.

Bellingham...
Level Contributor
134 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Restuarants close to the Frenchman's

If you are only having 20 people(I'm having about 30) it will be MUCH cheaper at Havana Blue though you will not have the restaurant to yourself, they will give you a section depending on the size of your reception. I did price the Marriott based on 25-30 people, they only offered me Windows Terrace for the reception - we would have it all to ourselves - but all the extra 'fees' for the minimum amount of people they require(35) added up along with an outdoor lighting fee. I did not want to pay 1,000 in fees for which I would get nothing - no food, drinks etc. And you have to have the buffet outside and it starts at 85 a person. I just wanted to do a nice dinner and this buffet was going to cost me $200 a head! I wanted to do something else for my guests on another night and it was going to ruin my budget. But it doesn't hurt to have them give you an estimate. Maybe there are other options when the # of people is smaller?

Maryland
Level Contributor
16 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Restuarants close to the Frenchman's

So there isn't a private dining room at Havana Blue? I just talked with the lady at the Marriott and she said there's a room rental fee with any of there rooms...do you know how much the room rental fee is? Also what did you opt to do for your reception? I'm looking over the price list now and it does seem a bit steep....Havana opens at 5 but my wedding is much earlier so that's another problem.

Bellingham...
Level Contributor
134 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Restuarants close to the Frenchman's

There may be a smaller private room at Havana Blue but I think it's just a curtained off portion. The event coordinator there is very nice, I would call to ask your specific ?s. I don't remember the exact room rental fee off the top of my head but I want to guess $400 for that at the Marriott. Make sure to figure out the approximate cost for your party before booking it there, you'll be surprised at how it adds up with the fees(especially if you want it outdoors and who wants it inside in the carribean?). I'm having the reception at the Havana Blue since my wedding is at 4:30 and Havana Blue opens at 5:30. So that may be tough for you since your wedding time is early. But if your guests are staying at the Marriott it probably wouldn't be a big deal.