We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

private boat/captain;also food

los angeles
Level Contributor
40 posts
1 review
Save Topic
private boat/captain;also food

Who can offer advice about the best outfit to rent a large speedboat and private captain from? My family of four would like to have some fun on the water with some water toys and an experienced driver. Also, how's the food and atmosphere at Havana Blue? I've booked Christmas dinner there and am hoping it's great. Thanks for the advice.

US
Level Contributor
322 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: private boat/captain;also food

Hi dana, I haven't experienced the private speedboat and captain. Although we spend 11 days in STT yearly, we always run out of time before we do this. ONE year we took a sail on the Alexander Hamilton (now gone; I sure haven't seen her). This was a sail, though, not a power boat. We stopped in a couple of spots to snorkel and had a really nice lunch on board. I don't know of a service that combines private powerboat and scuba. In that case you'll likely need to hire a captain and a dive master. Certainly not unimaginable. Other posters have listed the names of boat hire companies in this forum. Google them for their phone numbers and ask.

Regarding Havana Blue, we just ate there. It was all right. But I thought it was expensive and pretentious. The fact that you can't request a substitution in your dish, where any other restaurant on the island is certainly willing to do this, I thought was a needless drag on the experience. Maybe they'll loosen up by Christmas :-)

Have fun!

Pinkcat

2. Re: private boat/captain;also food

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post either because the author requested it, or because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:09 pm, January 22, 2006