We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

St. Thomas in July

Level Contributor
47 posts
Save Topic
St. Thomas in July

I am thinking about going to St. Thomas for our honeymoon but am worried about hurricane season. I was told that St Thomas is bad to go in August/September. I was thinking July 24 for like 7-10 days.

Thoughts?

Pittsford, New York
Level Contributor
1,451 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: St. Thomas in July

Hurricane season runs June-Nov. St Thomas is in the hurricane zone (as is the entire Carribbean - with the possible exception of Aruba, Bonaire and Curacao). As I remember, the USVI were pretty much spared this year, as they have been for some time. But anytime you are going in the hurricane season, theres a possibility. My advice - book it up and get cancellation/hurricane insurance

Charleston, South...
Level Contributor
913 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: St. Thomas in July

Shims....

I vacationed in St. John 3 years ago....from July 24-30 (or thereabouts)....at that time, there was no sign of hurricane action, but what I do remember is that it was extremely hot and humid, on STJ (which is just a short distance from STT)at that time of year.

My fiancee and I are honeymooning in Bermuda July '06. Because of it's northern location, it is an island, that in most likelihood, will not stand as great of a chance of being visited by a hurricane, as some of the more southern Caribbean islands. The weather on Bermuda at that time of year is less humid too. I don;t know if you have ever been there, but it might be worth checking out! We are really excited to be going, and have nothing but GREAT things about the island.