We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Restaurant recommendations

Charlotte
2 posts
Save Topic
Restaurant recommendations

My fiance and I are getting married in the Virgin Islands in June. We are going to have some family with us (20-30 people) and are looking for recommendations for 2 types of restaurants:

1) A fun, laid back place (preferably on the beach so I can put my feet in the sand) to hold an informal get together on Friday night. People are going to be staying all over so we'd like to keep it accessible (either Charlotte Amielle or the Red Hook area).

2) A somewhat nicer place ($35-50 per person) to have a sit down dinner on Saturday night. Same location preferences apply.

I appreciate all of the advice in this forum. Thanks in advance for you recommendations!

Bill

New Jersey
Level Contributor
183 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Restaurant recommendations

My favorite restaurants for a nice evening out:

Romanos-Smith Bay-on the way to Coki Beach

Excellent Italian food-probably one of the most expensive restaurants on the island, but the food and service makes it well worth it. Reservations a must 340.775.6350

Blue Moon Cafe-at Secret Harbor Resort. (I actually had my wedding reception there) Excellent Continental cuisine and view

virginislandsparadise.com/restaurants-bars/…

Room with a View- at Blue Beards Castle. Beautiful view of downtown Charlotte Amalie -wonderful food and service-Continental cuisine

Craig & Sally's- French Town,Varied menu that changes daily. Great food

My favorite restaurants for a more casual nite out:

Burrito Bay Deli-Red Hook, Excellent breakfast burittos

Molly Malones-Red Hook, Irish pub style food. Awesome grilled Reuben's (better than any sandwich around here)

Sopchoppys-Red Hook, Excellent pizza

Senor Pizza-Red Hook, Excellent pizza too

New Haven...
Level Contributor
258 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Restaurant recommendations

For # 2:

Check out Havana Blue at Morningstar Beach Resort (Marriott). Absolutely beautiful and very cool decor. Located on the second floor right on the beach, open air with white breezy curtains tied back, tons of candles. It seems very special when you go there, your guests will love it!

The cuban style cuisine is fantastic, the key lime martini is my favorite! I've been here many times and it's always been great! There is also an outdoor bar right down the beach (bar stools are about 2 steps from the sand)at the other restaurant (Coco Joes) that you can stroll to afterwards. Have a great trip! We are getting married down in USVI too :) , on St. John in March. Congratulations!