We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ideas to do with my 3yr. old son

Indiana
Level Contributor
9 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Ideas to do with my 3yr. old son

My wife and I will be visiting St. Thomas at the end of October and were looking for activities to do with our 3yr. old son. We will be staying at the Marriott and I think the have kids program.

Mobile, AL
Level Contributor
74 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Ideas to do with my 3yr. old son

With a 3 year old, Coral World in a nice visit. There is an interactive experience where they can touch sea cucumbers and starfish. There is also a shark feeding where they hold up a baby nurse shark and let you touch it. Very neat. And of course there is the beach, Coki is right at Coral World and it is usually pretty calm there. Lots of locals and usually lots of kids playing. My only suggestiion is to make sure that you go when a cruise ship (or maybe just one ship) is not in town. They usually crowd Coki.

Parker, Colorado
Destination Expert
for St. John
Level Contributor
1,041 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Ideas to do with my 3yr. old son

There's a book available in your loca bookstore named "Visiting the Virgin Islands with Kids". It really helped us a while back (10 years ago), and I just saw it again at Borders Books last weekend. I'm assuming it has been updated a few times...

Indiana
Level Contributor
9 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Ideas to do with my 3yr. old son

Thanks for the ideas, does anyone know of kid friendly resturants in St. Thomas (mainly just kid menus)?

Hampton Roads, VA
Level Contributor
1,266 posts
133 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Ideas to do with my 3yr. old son

Make sure to visit Magens Bay. My kids (now 12 and 13) learned to swim there, it is very calm with a gradual slope. Kids meals are a challenge, maybe the Mariott has kids eat free, I know Sapphire does.