We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Drinking age?

Orlean, Virginia
Level Contributor
207 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Drinking age?

What is the drinking age in St Thomas? Trying to decide where to take my 18 year old neice for her graduation present.

Thanks!

home
Level Contributor
278 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Drinking age?

Lexington, Kentucky
Level Contributor
338 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Drinking age?

I thought the drinking age in the VI was 18.

home
Level Contributor
278 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Drinking age?

lion, Thanks for the correction. I was told on Island that it was 21 several years ago and never checked furthe. It is indeed 18. Here is a link that has alot of info on technical issues such as this one, if anyone's interested.

www.caribbeanmag.com/search/facts/St_John/

Orlean, Virginia
Level Contributor
207 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Drinking age?

Thanks for the info!

Solebury...
Level Contributor
288 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Drinking age?

I copied this from www.vinow.com Hope it helps!

Virgin Islands - Frequently Asked Questions

Drinking Age

Q: What is the legal drinking age?

A: 18 years old. Note: While an 18 year old on island can buy, order, drink alcohol they can not transport bottles of alcohol back to the US with them. 18 year olds will have their alcohol confiscated at the customs check point at the airport.

6. Re: Drinking age?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:18 am, September 16, 2009