We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What to do while in St. Thomas

Tennessee
7 posts
Save Topic
What to do while in St. Thomas

We will be visiting St. Thomas on Sept. 21 from a cruise ship from 7 AM till 6 PM.

Looking for advice on what tours to take or other things to be sure to do while there.

We are not into the club scene (in or 50's) and don't need this type advice except possibly what to avoid.

Any and all advice would certainly be appreciated.

nowhere
Level Contributor
872 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: What to do while in St. Thomas

Take a ferry to ST John and go to Trunk or Hawksnest Beach and snorkle and enjoy a beautiful, safe beach. If shopping is your thing, I'm your age and past that, then go to duty free shops at the dock or in town. If you need to rent snorkle gear, there are several places on St John all within a block or two of the ferry dock. Nice little resturants in Cruz Bay too or have an early dinner or late lunch in Red Hook before returning to the ship. Pay a taxi to take you on atour of St John including Bordeaux Peak for the great view of the BVI's.

If you're really interested in St Thomas, do one of their many famous beachs, Cokie, Megans Bay, but they'll be more crowded than the ones on St John. And keep ALL your valuables on you in a waterproof pack. Take a day sail on one of the many group charters or private boats from St John or St Thomas to Jost Van Dyke or Tortola. Large cruise ships can't call on the smaller islands, so it's the only way to see them.

Charlotte Amalie is a nice old town, but I don't find it as friendly as some. I also find duty free is not that big a bargin. I get better prices from domestic sources on most stuff. Locally produced things, including art and jewelery are very nice and the best things to buy.

Get answers to your questions about St. Thomas