We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Secret Harbour re-booking in May

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
10 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Secret Harbour re-booking in May

I needed to re-book my December stay at Secret Harbour, and after a few emails, I received a reply form Javier on October 30. He apologized for the obvious delay, and suggested I re-book for May , and not April, my first choice. We emailed back and forth, and then changed my flight to May 2-May 8, and asked that he book me for those dates, and what I owe with the 15% bonus for re-booking and discount for returning customer.

I have heard nothing since, even though I emailed him a number of times.My flight is non-refundable, and I'm wondering if anyone knows if Secret Harbour will be open then and if there's another way to communicate with them.

4 replies to this topic
grand island, ny
Level Contributor
1,388 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Secret Harbour re-booking in May

Yes, I can think of another way, did you try calling? The islands aren't always the best in communicating via email. Power is still out in some areas, so Internet is probably hit and miss. Try the good old fashioned telephone.

Edited: 3:13 pm, December 13, 2017
Ypsilanti, Michigan
1 post
Save Reply
2. Re: Secret Harbour re-booking in May

Hi- I work for FEMA and I stayed there for 6 weeks. The phone service is out. Electricity is on a generator and comes and go - as does the water. They are actively answering emails- try Carmen. carmen@secretharbourvi.com

Internet comes on and off with the electricity.

Good luck!

St Thomas
Destination Expert
for St. Thomas
Level Contributor
16,086 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Secret Harbour re-booking in May

Thanks so much, 420LThomas for your help! You and so many others have been awesome in helping us through this ordeal. Communication remains a big issue and even those who've had power restored are experiencing brownouts and blackouts. No landlines are working while cellphones can be spotty too.

nambraf188, Secret Harbour was minimally damaged so hopefully the email address which the previous poster provided will get through. As we speak there's been an island-wide power outage which has affected even those of us who recently were re-powered and the generators are once again cranked up. I'm sure that by the time May rolls around you'll enjoy a fabulous vacation so worry not!

Level Contributor
18 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Secret Harbour re-booking in May

Do you know how long the entire islands power will be out..we kept our trip to sapphire beach because we were told the condo had power and everything there was up and running :(

Reply to: Secret Harbour re-booking in May
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted