We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ferry Service STC to STT

Which Christiansted hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Crawford, Texas
Level Contributor
1 post
4 reviews
Save Topic
Ferry Service STC to STT

All of the posts concerning this topic appear to be pretty old, so I am asking…we are planning a trip to St Croix in a few months and would like to make a day trip to St. Thomas. Is the ferry operating or is it not? I find old information saying not, but nothing recent. Someone please tell me the only way to get from STC to STT is NOT a seaplane??

Ohio
Destination Expert
for Cruz Bay
Level Contributor
5,591 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Ferry Service STC to STT

No ferry. You have to fly, but it doesn't have to be the seaplane. Even if the ferry was running, I wouldn't take it. It's 40 miles and wasn't nicknamed the barf-barge for no reason.

Ankeny, Iowa
2 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Ferry Service STC to STT

Does anyone know of a water taxi or charter service to go from stt to stx? or vice versa.

St Thomas
Destination Expert
for St. Thomas
Level Contributor
13,370 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Ferry Service STC to STT

I doubt you'd find anyone willing or able to make the trip without it being extremely expensive. The two islands are separated by 40 nautical miles of deep and unpredictable water, thus the local names for the ferry when it was running (it was also called "The Vomit Comet"). The seaplane is a wonderful ride but if you prefer not to take it you can also take Cape Air which runs regular service between the two islands.

St Thomas, VI
Destination Expert
for St. Thomas
Level Contributor
6,949 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Ferry Service STC to STT

Ferries run during carnival, so there will be ferry service late April early May.

There should be ferry service again for Mango Melee in July, but that's a one day event with ferry leaving and returning to St Thomas.

The flight is worth the price. Gorgeous views and I always take photos. Flights can book up quickly if there's an event, so plan ahead!

5. Re: Ferry Service STC to STT

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:15 am, April 02, 2015
Get answers to your questions about Christiansted
Recent Conversations