We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

scuba diving st croix

Minneapolis...
5 posts
1 review
Save Topic
scuba diving st croix

We are a family of 6 wanting to scuba dive. The youngest is 11. There are a number of scuba companies on st croix. Does anyone have any suggestions on who to go with, price wise and trust worthy etc. A few of us have dove before but this is about the kids and new experiences.

Wheaton, Illinois
Destination Expert
for St. Croix
Level Contributor
1,942 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: scuba diving st croix

St. Croix Ultimate Bluewater Adventures:

http://www.stcroixscuba.com/SCUBA.htm

Minneapolis...
5 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: scuba diving st croix

Thank you, do you have diving experience with them? What about N2the Blue?

maryland
Destination Expert
for Baltimore
Level Contributor
2,150 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: scuba diving st croix

We do not scuba but our kids went when they were teens and went with St Croix Scuba. Being an overprotective parent I felt as comfortable as possible with this group. They had a good beginner plan and appropriate supervision for the novice divers.

Windsor, New York
Level Contributor
145 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: scuba diving st croix

We have used http://www.n2blue.com/ for several years. They dive mostly the west coast. It is the leeward side, so the waves are calmer. There are many site's for beginner to expert. The Frederiksted pier is a great dive, day or night.

West Chester, PA
Destination Expert
for St. Croix
Level Contributor
618 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: scuba diving st croix

I saw on your other post that you are staying in Fredriksted, in that case I think you'll find N2Blue a great choice and you won't have to travel 45 minutes before and after each dive to get to Christiansted. Jenny is an excellent instructor at N2 and is great with kids. She also is a master photographer....if you run into her ask to see some of her work...you'll be amazed. We have done the pier dive both during the day and at night and it is definitely worth doing. It is a very shallow dive so it lasts long and there is plenty to see.

In case N2Blue is booked solid SCUBA keeps a boat on the West side too and has great instructors. They will visit many of the same sites and do the pier as well. Keep in mind that you can't dive the pier when there is a ship in port. We dove with John Kieran from SCUBA and had a great experience. You'll find rates comparable at both shops.

While diving keep a lookout for the invasive Lionfish. All divers are asked to tag the area where the Lionfish are seen so they can be removed from the water.

Have a great trip!

Scottsdale, Arizona
Level Contributor
44 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: scuba diving st croix

We are experienced divers and have been diving in St. Croix for over 10 years. We highly recommend St. Croix Scuba (www.stcroixscuba.com). They have a boat on the west side (Fredericksted). I think you will find their boat easy to dive from and their staff is top-notch.

7. Re: scuba diving st croix

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines with regards to the participation of business representatives.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 7:08 am, April 14, 2011
St. Croix
Level Contributor
299 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: scuba diving st croix

Cane Bay would be A great choice for diving. There is a dive shop right there, Cane Bay Dive Shop, and there is great shore diving right from the beach. The Cane Bay wall is right there and goes from 35 ft of water to over 3000 feet! Some of the best diving on the island. There is also a great beach and 3 beach bars located right there.

Las Vegas, Nevada
Level Contributor
2 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: scuba diving st croix

I booked with N2 the Blue. I was on a cruise ship. Their shop is off the dock - easy to find. It was A LOT cheaper than what the cruise ship was offering and you get real personalized service.

I was able to have a one on one scuba dive with a master diver. Jenny was the best. She took pics of me and the dive and posted them on the internet at no extra charge - great pics!! We dove near the cruise ship and saw lots of things (Moray eel, Turtles, Stringrays...)

I would greatly recommend them. Derrick and his staff are very down to earth people and were a blast to dive with.

Denver, Colorado
Level Contributor
41 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: scuba diving st croix

Went to Grand Cayman last April to dive. Very dissapointed, didn't see

many colorful fish. Didn't see many large fish at all. Want to try St. Croix.

When I did extensive research on GC I didn't think to ask about the fish.

This time I want to make sure we experience lots of fish.

I realize the problems with the Lion Fish but GC had other issues going on

with the fish.

Thought about St. Lucia, and Provo but thinking about something less

touristy. Been to St. John, St. Thomas.

Would there be enough to do for 9 days on St. Croix. We like to do other

things beside dive. Want to rent a villa on the beach...

Any information will be appreciated.

I am just starting my search. Want to go April 12. Two couples.

Get answers to your questions about Christiansted