We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Zebos or Bacchus for wedding reception on New Year's Eve?

Suzq0307
2 posts
Save Topic
Zebos or Bacchus for wedding reception on New Year's Eve?

My fiance and I are planning a New Year's Eve wedding in St. Croix with 20 guests, ages 24-65. Our wedding planner suggested two restaurants for the dinner reception- Zebos Wine Bar & Restaurant and Restaurant Bacchus (or, we could have it at the hotel we'll be staying at, the Palms at Pelican Cove.) We'd like the reception to be as private as possible but, being New Year's Eve, we'd also like to maybe dine outside and enjoy the festivities, since we won't be having our own music and dancing. We also want the restaurant to lean more toward the side of upscale, but without being stuffy. Any suggestions?

boston
Destination Expert
for Christiansted
Level Contributor
2,952 posts
159 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Zebos or Bacchus for wedding reception on New Year's Eve?

I would chose Bacchus over Zebos any day. The food and service at Bacchus are the best you are going to find on St. Croix. They have a private room that would definitely seat 20 people. But it will be pricey. The down side is that there is no outdoor space and I doubt they will have entertainment. I would still chose it and then go down to Rumrunners for the actual New Year's celebration (if you are into the fun, party crowd).

Other ideas would be Savant (if you could get the courtyard to yourselves). Food is excellent. Service can be spotty.

The sugar mill at the Buccaneer would be my first choice for a totally island, private and romantic affair. I would think they could seat 20 in there (may be tight) and it would be unique. Food is very good.

I am sure that your wedding planner knows which places will take people on New Year's Eve. I'm guessing there's a premium for that unless you are keeping your reception to an earlier hour.

Congratulations!

Mentioned in this post
RumRunners
RumRunners
1,359 Reviews
St. Croix
Savant
Savant
836 Reviews
St. Croix
St. Croix
Level Contributor
32 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Zebos or Bacchus for wedding reception on New Year's Eve?

Congrats on your wedding plans!! Both Bacchus and Zebos are nice, and as your wedding planner has suggested, would be good options for your reception. Are you set on staying in Christiansted? There is a fairly new resturaunt in Frederiksted called the Mahogony, it is where Ono's used to be, it is located upstairs, totally open on all sides with great views and brezes right on the water on the west end. it is a only a few blocks form the cruise ship pier (where the fireworks are shot off) so that could be really cool to hold the reception there. I would suggest having your wedding planner just give them a call to see what kind of accomidations they could provide.

Mentioned in this post
Frederiksted
Frederiksted
St. Croix
Suzq0307
2 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Zebos or Bacchus for wedding reception on New Year's Eve?

Thanks for the feedback! How does the atmosphere at Bacchus and Zebos differ? We did actually look into the Buccaneer, but unfortunately it's not available for a holiday wedding reception. I'll check into Savant and Mahogany as well, they both sound like good suggestions.

Mentioned in this post
Savant
Savant
836 Reviews
St. Croix
Greenville, South...
Level Contributor
121 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Zebos or Bacchus for wedding reception on New Year's Eve?

Both have a nice atmosphere and are located around the corner from each other.

Bacchus is up a steep old concrete staircase and is rather small with only inside dining....although very good.

http://www.restaurantbacchus.com/

Zebos is on street level and has an open air front courtyard which may provide you a bit more room for your party.

http://www.zeboswinebar.com/

Savant is located in an old building but has a huge covered patio area which is really beautiful in the evening. They have great food also and PARKING.

Zebos and Bacchus DO NOT have parking and you will have to park in the government lot down the road....less than a block away from both.

Mentioned in this post
Savant
Savant
836 Reviews
St. Croix
St. Croix
Level Contributor
125 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Zebos or Bacchus for wedding reception on New Year's Eve?

Where is the ceremony going to take place?

6. Re: Zebos or Bacchus for wedding reception on New Year's Eve?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, September 30, 2010
Get answers to your questions about Christiansted