We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

First time St. Croix

Las Vegas, Nevada
Level Contributor
671 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
First time St. Croix

I'm thinking about a vacation in St. Croix for Nov. can anyone recommend some all inslusive resorts or any other suggestions for the Virgin Islands? Thanks so much.

Frederiksted, St...
Level Contributor
694 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: First time St. Croix

There are no all inclusive resorts on St. Croix. As far as recommendations could you provide additional information such as how many in your party, budget, likes such as partying all night or just sunning on the beach. There are a number of options but we will need more info.

Las Vegas, Nevada
Level Contributor
671 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: First time St. Croix

Hi pilotboy,

I'll be traveling with two other girl friends. 34,61 and 65 . The great thing, we all like the same thing, a beautiful beach and great pool. We vacation for relaxation purposes only, so we pretty much move from beach to pool to bar and start the process all over again. $1600 pp tops including air. We prefer a smaller resort, the larger chains seem to lose something in the size. We're really pretty set on AI, but also open to suggestions, you never know when a perfect little gem will show up. thanks

Boston
Level Contributor
6,579 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: First time St. Croix

One of the wonderful things about St Croix is the food. They have really really good restaurants. As was said previously, there are no AIs in St Croix. We stay in Christiansted at Hotel on the Cay so we have access to both beach and the town and do not have to drive to and from dinner except for the few days that we rent a car and go to restaurants outside of Christiansted. There are a lot of options for hotels/villas. Your budget may be a bit tight, but I would start with air/hotel options and see what you can get for the money at the date you wish to travel.

st. croix USVI
Level Contributor
428 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: First time St. Croix

Agree with HOTC as it will be within your budget. Jump up (carnival) is scheduled for Fri., Nov. 26th (Mocko Jumbies and great street food), cruise ship in F'sted the next day and Starving Artists Day at the Whim Plantation on the 28th.

Please provide more dates to get more info.

I fully support the beach, pool and bar itinerary and have only provided the above additional info to give you other ideas where you can do something that can only be done in STX.

A great tour for your group would be tantan or safaritours. Of course, you must make 1/2 or full day trip to Buck Island.

Looking forward to hearing more about your plans and I absolutely know that no matter what you decide, you'll have a great, yet relaxing time. Yep, that's a guarantee!

maryland
Destination Expert
for Baltimore
Level Contributor
2,150 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: First time St. Croix

Hotel on the Cay is where we usually stay as well and beach, pool, bar is what we like as well. All the rooms have small kitchenettes so you can save some money by keeping snacks and such in your room.

St. Croix
Level Contributor
125 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: First time St. Croix

We also don't really have large chain hotels on St. Croix either... so our largest is maybe 130 (I was told recently but forgot) rooms.

Chenay Bay, Divi, Hotel on the Caye, Tamarind Reef all fit your needs.

7. Re: First time St. Croix

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:17 am, July 10, 2010
Get answers to your questions about Christiansted