We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Need a bit of help

NY
Level Contributor
1 post
25 reviews
Save Topic
Need a bit of help

Hi..

I am planning a trip to St. Croix for my daughters graduation gift for July 2010

I have been to St. John and St Thomas but have always wanted to visit STX

I am getting a bit overwhelmed with the accomodation choices...just when I think I have found the perfect place I read some reviews that change my mind.

I am looking for either a 2 BR condo or a place that possibly has adjoining rooms

a pretty beach with nice soft sand would be great, a restaurant possibly or one real close

and sunset views would be wonderful :) this is my daughter and her boyfriends first trip to the caribbean and I want them to really love it as much as I do :)

I am looking at the cottages by the sea,gentle winds,chenay bay,sugarbeach and anything else that is recommended would be great too

I would like to be closer to Christiansted (I think)lol

any thoughts and advice would be greatly appreciated

Thanks in advance

Karen

maryland
Destination Expert
for Baltimore
Level Contributor
2,150 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Need a bit of help

Karen,

Sugar Beach is close to Christiansted, I have never stayed there so can not comment.

You may also want to consider Hotel on the Cay. Although it is not a condo, they do have ajoining rooms. The property is in the middle of Christiansted harbor and a short ferry ride puts you right in town and walking distance to quite a lot.

www.hotelonthecay.com

Have fun planning!

West Chester, PA
Destination Expert
for St. Croix
Level Contributor
618 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Need a bit of help

You're going to love St. Croix! Since the sun sets in the west the best place to get sunsets is Cottages By The Sea, however I'm not sure that they all have kitchens. You also say you'd like to be near Christiansted however Cottages is as far from Christiansted as you can get! We always stay at Sugar Beach. Each unit sits right on the beach (I mean RIGHT on the beach), all units have full kitchens, washer/dryers , etc. They have a wonderful pool built around the ruins of an old windmill and frindly staff and management. We like it because it is so close to Christiansted's stores, restaurants and water activities. It's only a 10 minute ride or a 25 minute walk. Food Town grocery is close too but you'll want to go to Plaza Extra for your weekly supplies.

Gentle Winds is very nice, you'll find the rentals a little higher than Sugar Beach. They are about a 20-30 minute ride to Christiansted and I believe only one building is actually close to the beach. The others are a short walk away. They also have an onsite snack bar for quick meals.

What's great about St. Croix is there is a little for everybody! Just decide what is important to you (price, convenience, neighborhood, beachfront, view, etc) and there is sure to be something just for you.

We have never stayed at Chenay Bay but know they have undergone management changes over the past couple of years and if you search this site for reviews you should get lots of current information.

Hope this helps. Let us know if you have further questions!

3. Re: Need a bit of help

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:30 am, February 12, 2010
Get answers to your questions about Christiansted