We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

the buccaneer hotel: rooms and kids activities

Rochester, NY
2 posts
Save Topic
the buccaneer hotel: rooms and kids activities

can anyone comment on the 2 bedroom family cottages (website does not include a picture) and the types of activities in the kids camp?

WV
Level Contributor
146 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: the buccaneer hotel: rooms and kids activities

I have not been in one of the family cottages but there location is excellent between the great house & the beach. If you get one of the ones closer up the hill it will have a very nice view!

I've seen the kids camp go by either in the pool, beach, looking for crabs & around the tennis facilities. A lady mentioned to us that her child really enjoyed it. Our son has been too young (3yrs) so far to attend.

Jim W

Clarks Summit,Pa
Destination Expert
for St. Croix
Level Contributor
841 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: the buccaneer hotel: rooms and kids activities

The only "negative thing that I can say about the cottages is that they are not very private. The sidewalk is right in front of them and almost everyone uses it. Also all the vehicles going up and down the hill to the beach/pool area uses the road in front of them. I did get to look inside one of them and they are nicely set up. More or less like the rest of the rooms in other areas. I just prefer the rooms and the set up in the Great House. The Great House suites are really nice. Two full rooms, two full bathrooms,two closets, great balconies but alas only one small refrigerator. To be honest the 2nd bedroom is more like a sitting room with two sofas that kids can sleep on. I know that they are more expensive than the cottages but they are also roomier. We went to the Bucc. in July with another family and they had booked a Mtn. view room and were upgraded to an oceanview room I think it was #233. It was really set up well for the Mother and 3 kids. The father did not go with us. The room had two double beds and a large window bed. Nice balcony, 1.5 baths and lots of space. You will love the Buccaneer. The island is wonderful. We also went to St.John on the same trip and stayed at the Westin for 3 nights. Our friend far preferred her stay at the Buccaneer over the Westin. Both are very nice but I believe that the value you get at The Buccaneer can not beaten, whether you compare it to othe spots on St. Croix or on other islands. Have a great trip. Let me know if I can help with something else.

Get answers to your questions about Christiansted