We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

St. Croix Restaurant Recommendations

Which Christiansted hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
san jose, ca
9 posts
1 review
Save Topic
St. Croix Restaurant Recommendations

Hello-

We will be visiting in November for our honeymoon, and would like some recommendations on some good eats.

#1. Cheap/tasty eats

#2. Ambience Tasty Eats

My fiance is a sushi chef at google, and really enjoys good food, from cheap hole in the wall places, to nicer, fine dining spots. Also, since we're here for our honeymoon, I'd like beautiful views, and pretty restaurants.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, along with the price range for a meal for 2, so we can start planning our budget.

We took your advice, and are staying at the Buccanneer, and will be renting a car for 2 days and hanging out at our resort the other 3 days.

Thanks so much!

Vi

boston
Destination Expert
for Christiansted
Level Contributor
2,522 posts
137 reviews
Save Reply
21. Re: St. Croix Restaurant Recommendations

Is the Pickled Greek between Gallows Bay and the Buccaneer on the left side as you go toward the Buccaneer? Painted yellow with blueish awnings and was a restaurant several years ago? Just curious.

And in the detailed post a couple before this one, I think the poster meant to say "Savant" - eat on the back patio and order calamari.

Tampa
2 posts
Save Reply
22. Re: St. Croix Restaurant Recommendations

Want reasonable prices with huge portions and great personal touch? You have to try Lori's Country Store and deli. It located on the east end at the Reef a condo, golf course resort. Looks are deciving with place. Meun changes daily except for her well known Fried chicken. Sandwiches to sushi to prime rib.

Fort Worth, Texas
Level Contributor
66 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
23. Re: St. Croix Restaurant Recommendations

Ccrosner, you are right! Pickled Greek is about 5 minutes East of Gallows Bay across from an elementary school. Used to be another restaurant.

Groves, Texas
Level Contributor
950 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
24. Re: St. Croix Restaurant Recommendations

In case you get over to Fredericksted for lunch you might want to try Turtles Deli. We've heard rave reviews on their sandwiches for the last few years and decided to give it a try while we were vacationing this past April. YUMMY! We stayed on the east end, but drove out to Turtles three times to try different sandwiches-- so huge you could easily split one. Loved the west end atmosphere, calm ocean view, laid back outdoor restaurant with shade trees, hens and baby chicks wandering about. Wish I was relaxing there right now, thunderstorming here this afternoon.

Also agree with Lori's Country Store. We always love the tuna and/or chicken salad she has made up in cartons. Her fried chicken is great. This time someone recommended trying her chicken pot pie. Now, that's something that didn't sound that exciting-- but when we got to the deli and saw one cooling out on the counter, it was just awe inspiring to see! Absolutely delicious, too. She had giant muffins in tins on the counter that looked gourmet, that she said was her great grandmother's recipe.

Love stopping by Rumrunners for lunch. The sandwiches are huge, esp the turkey club-- easily splitable. We like to sit up on the raised part that has two tables and throw bits of bread and french fries out into the water to the fish and crabs. Four years ago we saw a peach colored small octupus swim from under the boardwalk to the rocks.

Savants in the back courtyard is always one of our stops for dinner. Great food and good ambience.

We went out to The Palms one morning and had a great breakfast. One of the best beach/ocean views in our opinions.

Of course you're going to love the Bucanneer's huge breakfast buffet. We made that a couple of times.

A total surprise for us foodwise happened right after we got on the island and ran over to Plaza Extra to stock up for the month. We impulsively bought two 'local type' dinners they had in the meat market area in back in plastic containers (chicken over rice and peas with plantains) that to be honest I was just 'humoring' my husband by buying-- but he was salivating so much at the look of them and we were both starving... GREAT choice I discovered when we got home! So delicious! Makes me really want to try Harveys or Singhs when we go back to experiment more with local food.

Also agree with The Bombay Club, DeeAnna's on Company street, Cheeseburgers and pretty much all that have been recommmended.

Congratulations and have a wonderful honeymoon!

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
18 posts
102 reviews
Save Reply
25. Re: St. Croix Restaurant Recommendations

I second what StCroix said, particularly for Turtles Deli and Rumrunners. Excellent! If you're on the North Shore near Cane Bay or the Carambola, we also recommend Off the Wall and Lobster Reef. (We have pictures of our many meals from Off the Wall on our Trip Advisor review.) Enjoy!

26. Re: St. Croix Restaurant Recommendations

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 4:25 am, September 30, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Christiansted